• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is VS Code so slow?

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be big into scripting Photoshop through Extendscript, but have not been doing it for a few years.  Now I have to update some old scripts.  When ESTK died off I was grumbling a lot with having to switch to VS Code.  I've gone back to it today and am pulling my hair out.  I'm currently on a 2018 MacBook Pro running Big Sur.  VS Code with the Extendscript Debugger extension is still painfully slow.  Code that would run instantly in ESTK now takes 10 to 15 seconds in Vs Code...coding was faster on a Commodore Vic 20 in 1980.  I'm I missing a setting here, or are we really stuck with such a sluggish tool in 2023?  It's nearly unusable if a few lines of code takes 10 seconds.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to my original post after working for about a day: when I add a new line of code, VS Code can take 15 seconds to run it.  If I change a value on that line it runs 'normally', it takes about a second or less.  I suspect VS Code is searching my computer for matches to the variables I'm using, and that's why it's taking so long.  What is it looking for, and how do I turn that off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines