• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why would merely opening Photoshop V24.2 cause browser audio to stop?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11

Universal Audio Volt 276 external audio interface

C Media built in soundcard

If I have any audio playing in my browser or have the iTunes app playing music, opening Photoshop causes it to stop. When searching the forum for Photoshop audio, I get posts 10 years old. I can run my professional audio app "Wavelab" and Photoshop doesn't affect it. Anything else seems to be at its mercy for both my internal and external audio sound interfaces. Windows is updated. Photoshop is updated. I'd love it be able to listen to music while working in Photoshop. This is not possible?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this with the Timeline workspace, or any workspace?

Does audio work OK after closing Photoshop?

Have you checked Windows audsio settings with Photoshop open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's with any workspace. With Photoshop open, if I minimize it to the system tray, audio is fine. As soon as I click on the icon to make it the active window, the audio stops. I assume that it must be due to Photoshop's ability to edit video which uses audio, but I never use it for that purpose. It's interesting, when Photoshop is open and I click to check the Windows audio settings, the audio starts playing again. As soon as I close the settings window, the audio stops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines