Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Win OS lag after brief use of lightroom / photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After using photoshop or lightroom for few minutes (even light edits) my whole operating system starts to lag. I can see the lag even when I move the mouse around. The only fix so far is to reset the computer.

I've got 32 gb ram and SSD, RTX 2070, i5-9600k. Everything was working fine until recently.

OS is win 10 up to date. Nvidia drivers up to date. Adobe programs up to date. I cane game with no issues.

I do not know what caused it. I recently updated photoshop but i get the lag in lightroom as well.

Any ideas what is causing it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check your event viewer. I'm pretty sure your graphics driver is leaking and crashing with Windows reinitializing it over and over until the multiple orphaned instances have messed up your system completely and gobbled up all RAM with lingering DLL grabage and such. Logically, spending some time straightening out your GPU driver and settings might improve behavior massively.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines