Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 Drag & Drop will not work

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks

A new user of Photoshop here,running latest version under  Win10.

Watching videos to learn how to use Photoshop 2018 CC,in the video the guy is using a Mac and can easily drag and drop an image into a document,unfortunately

it will not work with Windows 10.

I have googled and have followed instructional videos  on You Tube regards making registry alterations,also not to run Photoshop as an Administrator  all to no avail.

I would really appreciate it if somebody can help,yes, I have had a look on the forum and not been able to find the answer.

Regards

Syd.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

There are lots of different ways to get an image file into a Photoshop document. I work on a Mac but actually prefer to not use the drag and drop method because it requires minimizing my workspace. I think it is distracting to work in a minimized workspace. Have you tried doing a File >Place Embedded? It accomplishes exactly the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of different ways to get an image file into a Photoshop document. I work on a Mac but actually prefer to not use the drag and drop method because it requires minimizing my workspace. I think it is distracting to work in a minimized workspace. Have you tried doing a File >Place Embedded? It accomplishes exactly the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ThanksTheresa I will try what you suggest,though I would love to know why it will not work.

As I mentioned I am following a video which the guy is using  a Mac and he recommends drag and drop.

So I will experiment with what you suggest,thanks once again.

Regards

Syd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not an answer! 

Dragging and dropping is convenient for people working in multitasking mode and having multiple windows open - so your suggestion to USE the option from the dialog menu is of no help to anyone!

Sure, we know that there is such an option and that it can be used, but currently we want to use the DRAG AND DROP OPTION

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines