• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 HDR Mode Disables GPU Acceleration

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I turn on 'HDR and advanced color' in Windows 10's display settings, Photoshop no longer detects my GPU (1080ti) and disables GPU acceleration (grayed out). This isn't the case with other adobe products (including Lightroom) which makes me think this is a bug. To confirm, GPU acceleration does work as soon as I turn off HDR mode in Windows. Has anyone experienced otherwise?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Enabling HDR rendering messes with much deeper stuff than just the graphics, so without full system info it's unlikely that anyone can unriddle this. A simple "bad" HDMI cable or something can have weird effects. I could even imagine a DRM-related issue because Windows thinks you are using some media componets for 4k HDR playback. Of course it can always be a bug, but even that would require more detailed info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enabling HDR rendering messes with much deeper stuff than just the graphics, so without full system info it's unlikely that anyone can unriddle this. A simple "bad" HDMI cable or something can have weird effects. I could even imagine a DRM-related issue because Windows thinks you are using some media componets for 4k HDR playback. Of course it can always be a bug, but even that would require more detailed info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because HDR being enabled and GPU acceleration work flawlessly in Lightroom - it seems unlikely this is a hardware issue. I would question the entire community if anyone is able to use GPU acceleration with HDR enabled, before assuming my hardware/windows setup has anything to do with it. I have a feeling its either a bug or something broken with NVIDIA cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it Adobe doesn't respond to most bug reports??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, I am new to this forum. Re discussion about HDR display, can you tell me how to ensure it is disabled? I'm troubleshooting a mouse stuttering issue. Windows 10 21H2, PS Elements 2021, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 16.0 GB RAM.  Thanks for any direction you can provide!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines