• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

windows configuration

New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please suggest best windows configuration required for newer photoshop version.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume you mean hardware configuration?

I answered regarding the GPU in your other thread (Nvidia RTX 30-series).

For the CPU, i7 is ideal. i5 should also work well, but i9 is overkill.

Lots of disk space! 1 TB should be considered practical minimum. This is important. Photoshop eats disk space while working. Raster image editing requires huge amounts of memory, much more than any RAM you may have installed. All that data has to go somewhere, so it's written to disk. This is known as Photoshop's scratch disk. You should have at least 500 GB free space at all times, more if you work with big files.

32 GB RAM. More doesn't hurt, but IMO 32 is enough. It's mainly a fast access cache to the scratch disk's main memory. (But note that an integrated GPU in a laptop will use this for video memory as well. This takes a considerable chunk out of it, so in that case you'd need 64).

Avoid laptops if you can. Not only because of the dual GPU problem, but also because laptop vendors tend to modify and tweak the operating system/gpu driver etc, just to put their distinctive "brand" on the machine. This is probably important for marketing, but it will mostly be in the way for Photoshop, cause conflicts etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines