• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows, Options, and Tools bars aren't visible but are selected

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been opening up Photoshop and Illustrator and most times, I can't see my layers, paragraph, and other tools that are checked off but aren't visible. I have to uncheck them and recheck them to make them appear. Same goes for the Tools and Options bars under Window.

This is now going on a few weeks and I don't know what to do. Both Photoshop and Illustrator are exhibiting the same symptoms so I don't think the issue is limited to one program.

macOS Ventura 13.0.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried hitting the tab key (or shift tab) to see if they are just hidden?

Have you tried go to Window/Workspace and choosing a default setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your fast response Kevin. Pressing tab/shift+tab doesn't do anything. They're still showing as selected but they're not visible. (I have a second monitor and they're not over there either)Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 9.57.06 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes I have a default workspace chosen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your preferences?

In PS - use Preferences/General and click the button.

I'm still wondering about your monitors though with both applications acting oddly.

What versions of PS and AI are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that when I am using my display tablet (it's another monitor) and sometimes the panels and tools are hidden in limbo. Worst, since Photoshop saves your inteface "as is" when you close it, you have to reset your workspace for it to work.

Imaginerie_0-1669736436118.png

My usual workspace is "standard" and just clicking on "standard" won't help, I actually need to "reset standard" to have my workspace as saved initially.

Clicking on "standard" only displays as to the version it was when last open.

If that makes sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop: 24.0.1

Illustrator: 27.0.1

I just reset both preferences. I'll report back in a few days to see if that fixed it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to snag a screen recording of how it's behaving. It's showing 'Options' but nothing else. Here's the video in Frame.io https://f.io/GnfTblOk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you click Application Frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me it appears as though your screen is registering larger than the display frame so your panels are active, just off screen. Clicking Application Frame allows you to resize the window using the Mac OS native stoplights in the upper left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh and KUDOS for being the first person I've had on here to use Frame.io. Nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines