• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows photoshop version and Mac photoshop. edit photos

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Windows pc using the windows photoshop/lightroom versions. Can I edit my iCloud photos in my windows photoshop version, or do I have to have a mac computer with a photoshop mac version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

yes, you can use either ps for mac or ps for win to edit your photos (and more).

<moved from enterprise & teams>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can get the PSD file to a Windows computer, it should edit fine. Can you use iCloud files on your Windows computer in general ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will transfer my raw iCloud photos from my iPhone onto my windows PC. Will I be able to access and edit those photos in my windows photoshop version and any other adobe version? Thanks for the reply. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you can use either ps for mac or ps for win to edit your photos (and more).

<moved from enterprise & teams>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much Kglad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Edit fine - but beware of fonts. You must use fonts available on both systems).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name What do fonts have to do with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a text layer is made with a font, then the file is opened on a different system without the font, things won't be good. Many less-experienced editors will work with the "system" fonts on Mac or Windows, which won't be available on the other platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed - just didnt see how that applies to the OP ask which is a simple answer. Thought maybe it was a response to another post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines