With artboard selected, why is the layer edge bigger than the artboard when no layers are selected?

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing selected except the artboard, and I have layer edges turned on (View > Show > Layer Edges), and there's a layer edge around the artboard that's bigger than the artboard?

Even though the canvas and the artboard have the same dimensions 640 x 6000. 

So why is this happening and how can I find out what's causing it?

Notice the dark blue layer edge outline (can turn on under View > Show > Layer Edges).

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 10.00.54 AM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the elements is larger then artboard itself. That is possible, you can place or create object larger then canvas or artboard. Part of object that is outside of artboard dimensions will not be visible, you can move it and change what is visible if that layer is not locked. 

If you want to get rid of invisible, outside part of object use Select > All  then Image > Crop. You can crop pixels on layer that is not locked nor smart object layer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the layer is what is selected, denoted by the blue line, can you indicate where the edge of the canvas is? It is not clear to me in the screenshot. 

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines