• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working Disk is Full

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using Apple Macbook Pro 2020. Since couple of days Im constantly getting the error message “Working Disk is Full”. I updated the app, erased & re-installed but still prompted with same mesaage as before. Then I thought it could be laptop Mac-OS software related and hence contacted Apple Support. They guided me through a full system formate and ensured that this problem wouldnt occur again. I therefore  completed the formatting yet Im still getting Disk full message. Could you please support me with this problem? Im using Adobe Photoshop for work so its vital for me to be solved asap, thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The message means exactly what it says: your disk is full. This isn't a Photoshop setting - it's actual, physical disk space.

Raster image editing moves huge amounts of data around, much more than any RAM you may have installed. All that temporary working data has to go somewhere. This is known as the scratch disk.

For serious work you need to have at least 100-300 GB free space, sometimes more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines