• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace reset, brushes gone, patterns gone, gradients gone, etc

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't update between last night and this morning, unless photoshop did that automatically without asking (which I thought it did not do). For some reason all my stuff is gone. How do I get it back. All my brushes and patterns are hand made but I didn't save them to a new brush set.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that your brushes, patterns, gradient and many other presets in Photoshop is missing after a recent app update.

Please checkout the steps to recover your brushes mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/presets-actions-plugins.html

It seems that the Preferences in Creative Cloud desktop was left marked unchecked when the app got auto-updated.
To keep or not keep prior version preferences (which includes presets, brushes, actions, workspaces), make sure that's checked: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html

I'd recommend that you re install the presets again.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That article doesn't describe my issue at all. I'm not trying to migrate preferences, I'm trying to find a way to restore the ones that are missing. My brush and patterns are missing from every version of photoshop's preset folder.

The comment about CC Preferences is incorrect, The cloud settings say "Import previous settings and preferences". My brushes and stuff would be included in that, right?  Checked means it should be bringing my stuff over. Am I wrong in intepreting that setting?

bopx_0-1636567686153.png

This is what my settings look like. 

Also it kept my Actions and unused workspaces for some reason. 

I'm also getting an error every time I open Photoshop that says "This gradient file is bad or corrupted."

bopx_1-1636568606247.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information.
As you are using a Windows computer, please go to the following location and let us know how many Photoshop folders you can see? C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines