• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace windows not docking securely

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Essentials workspace, the windows aren't securely docking to the workspace. There is no blue line when trying to attach them to the right side or top. The windows don't close along with the program either, but stay open on my desktop. I can reset my workspace to fix this, but this means I can't really customize the workspace, and moving windows around can't be done either. Does anyone know if this is a glitch, or is there some setting that I can use?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting Preferences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

I'd suggest manually resetting them:

• Navigate to Photoshop's Preferences folder.

macOS: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Windows: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Note:

The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. To access files in the hidden user Library folder, see How to access hidden user library files.

• Drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe for a back-up of your settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, gener7. I may have to try that, but am hoping for a more targeted solution if possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not as sledgehammer as it sounds. Corrupted preferences can cause interface docking malfunctions.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate-discussions/workspace-and-panels-not-docking/td-p/3843719

But it's ok if you want to wait for others to weigh in with their ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, wishful thinking didn't solve it so I attempted your solution. I'm stumped on finding "adobe photoshop settings". Here is a screenshot of what is within Library Preferences. My computer is running the latest version of Ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the path and the folder as shown in my Finder:

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 1.45.52 PM.png

Notice it's the User Library, yours looks like the main Library under the drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easier option is to go to Photoshop/Preferences/General and click the reset preferences button and restart PS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's easier, but in this note: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

"Manually removing preferences files is the most complete method for restoring Photoshop to its default state. This method ensures all preferences and any user presets which may be causing a problem are not loaded."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it the hard way thinking it would be more thorough. In any case, it didn't solve the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks for trying, I was hoping that would fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just note that the cursor has to hit the edge before the blue line appears and you can dock.

So you may have to drag a lot further than you expect, especially if docking on the right side. If grabbing by the tab, you have to drag well past where you intend the panel to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried it again. There is a weak magnetic snap but no blue line. The windows still don't attach. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried resetting the preferences, but the problem persists. I've attached 2 screenshots. #1 is Essentials workspace before undocking the right pane windows. #2 is the same workspace after undocking the windows and redocking to where there is a slight magnetic stick, but no blue line. Shutting down PS leaves the window open, and on desktop as before. I dont know why the entire gray pane underneath the window disappears after moving the window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines