Exit

Workspaces No Longer Work For Two Monitors

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Not sure is this is the right place for this but here goes:

Since upgrading my computer from a iMac to a Studio and the Mac OS to Ventura along with the Adobe suite of apps, all my Workspaces no longer remember the position of my pallettes on the secondary monitor.  Every time I close all open documants and then go back into Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc the pallettes are all piled up on one another or in the wrong monitor.

Very maddening.

Any ideas what went wrong?

TIA

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it might be more productive work one app at a time (and maybe you'll be able to apply one fix to the other apps).

<moved from download&install>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.  We can start with Illustrator if you wish, but the symptom is in Photoshop and InDesign as well.

I have found that I can hit the Reset [workspace] and the panes will populate the second monitor as I had left them the last time I used the application.  It's just that every time I return to the application after closing all documents, the panes have all collapsed back on the primary monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still experiening this problem.  Every time I let say Photoshop sleep, upon awakening all my pallettes are cramed in the main monitor.  I have to reset the workspace every. single. time.  It is getting frustrating.  I'm not sure when this got broke.

Please help  Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We are sorry to hear that you are having this problem! 

I did a search on your issue and found another thread from February: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/window-and-panels-moving-when-mac-goes-to-sle...

The short answer is that the team knows about the problem and is in the process to fix it. I've linked the thread above, and please read the pinned reply by Anshul Saini to get a more detailed explanation.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears that this problem has been fixed with:

In Design 18.2.1

Illustrator 27.4

Photoshop 24.3.0

and Mac OS 13.2.1

Hooray!  Thank you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines