Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrapping image around cylinder with specific radius

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am trying to wrap a qr code image around a cylinder. The problem is that I want to specify a specific radius related to the size of the QR-Code. For example I want to recreate the same distortion that would happen if I had a 14mmx14mm size qr code posted on a cylinder with 12mm of radius.

I have no idea if photoshop allows to use real life measures or if I should use pixels as measure instead (e.g. 140x140 pixel qr code posted on a cylinder with 120 pixels radius). Any help is welcomed since I'm really struggling to wrap my head around it.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c=2*Pi*r --> 2*3.1458*12 mm ~ 76 mm

None of your measurements make any sense for wrapping a label around a cylinder of those radii. You need to literally do your math homework. The rest is merely a matter of correlating the pixels to physical units by setting correct DPI, which may not even matter, depending on the use case.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't understand when you say my measurements don't make sense, so here is a picture of the real 21mmx21mm (it's 21mm not 14mm my mistake) posted on a 12mm radius cylinder:

IMG_20230125_021744.jpg

What I want is to recreate this distortion using photoshop. Also regarding the circumference I don't see any option on photoshop to either specify radius or circumference? Image below:

Screenshot_12.jpg

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, if there any more things that I need to clarify please tell me! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines