• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong date and time in saved pictures

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, Norway here, so please understand that my english writing can be a little bit tricky. 

I have a technical and rather weird problem. After I have saved a certain amount of pictures (Ctrl S) without any problems, it suddenly change date and time in the next picture without me doing anything, and it's the same date each time July 7th. Then, if I close photoshop, it will work again, I enter Ctrl S and the dates are correct, but after a while, it happens again, to the same date July 7th.

I have updated photoshop, reinstalled it, I have even reinstalled my lap top, but it still keeps happening. It is very troublesome to find back to the pictures with the wrong date, and even worse, I don't remember the correct time and date in them, so my pictures are not beeing organized correctly. It's quite annoying. I also had Windows 10, same problem there, and now Win 11, same problem there. Most of the pictures got the correct untouched date when I save, but then it happens again. Can anyone please help? I hope my english is understandable. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default268an2hoi20o I see you don't have any replies yet, so sorry about that! I am trying to understand your problem. Can you post screen captures to show us where you are seeing the date and time in your photos? Is it through file explorer like this? Is the photo creation date changing to July 7 no matter when the photo was created or modified?

JainLemos_0-1635259540737.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thanks for answering me. It's hard to explain, I use windows to open the picture, and when I go in to file information, I can see the date has changed to july 7. I see the same date in the picture when I right klick, klick properties and then details. I can save a curtain amount of pictures in photoshop and it works fine, but then, suddenly a picture has changed to july 7 no matter what, and it moves itself away from where it should be, in the folder (I sort pictures by date) because the date has changed. Then I have to restart photoshop and then it's ok. For a while.

Hi, and thanks for answering me. It's hard to explain, I use windows to open the picture, and when I go in to file information, I can see the date has changed to july 7. I see the same date in the picture when I right klick, klick properties and then details. I can save a curtain amount of pictures in photoshop and it works fine, but then, suddenly a picture has changed to july 7 no matter what, and it moves itself away from where it should be, in the folder (I sort pictures by date) because the date has changed. Then I have to restart photoshop and then it's ok. For a while. Sadly, I dont know how to take screenshot on my lap top. Is any of this understandable? I am so sorry for crappy explaining, but my english skills are limited.

Sadly, I dont know how to take screenshot on my lap top.

Is any of this understandable? I am so sorry for crappy explaining, but my english skills are limited. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default268an2hoi20o I'm sorry that I still can't quite understand what the issue is. Perhaps if you write in your native language we can better understand what is happening. We have people from all over the world in the Community as well as translation.

Windows has a built-in screenshot tool called Snipping Tool. Instructions on how to use it are here: Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots (microsoft.com)

The problem that the date of an image file is okay in Photoshop for a while and then mysteriously changes to July 7 and moves from where it should be in a folder is something I've never heard of and I can't immediately find any support for. It's uncertain if this has to do with your computer system's date and time or Photoshop. Maybe some other Community users will be able to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's okay, ill try to write my native language. Thanks for trying to help me 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. See below from my post in the Illustrator forum:

I apologize if this is a question that has been answered, but I'll be darned if I can find it.

Short Version: When I save files in Adobe CC programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.), said files show up with a date of 2008. Doesn't matter if I'm writing over an old file or starting from scratch.

Long Version:

It's not a question of showing "date modified" vs. "date created," etc.

Yes, my system clock is up-to-date.

This has been going on for at least six months of annoyance.

It's mostly related to the Photoshop side of things. E.g., exporting from Illustrator to save as a PNG or JPG results in this problem, but saving a normal AI file from Illustrator does not.

Attaching a screenshot of the properties of a JPG I exported today (24 March 2022) from an Illustrator file. Please note all three "date" fields are Sunday, July 27, 2008. Also wrong time (completely - saved these in the afternoon, and they are time-stamped at 6AM). The original Illustrator file (from which the JPG was created) also sports an incorrect "created" date, but has the correct "accessed" and "modified" dates... and the weirdness continues.

I suspect the problem is centered on Photoshop, but can't find any goofy settings. Anyone have suggestions?

Many thanks.

-Steph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but in Bridge.  The date and time info under the thumbnails is all wrong and randomly so.  Some dates are many years ago but all dates are the same for all files in a folder.  It drives me nuts because sometimes I want to know which file is the most recent and I can't tell.  In the example below all the files have 5/31/2015 as the date.  In another folder all the files have 1/17/2022 as the date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem, and found an answer some time ago and did the fix recommended there. Then it happened again today, so had to look for the fix again, but couldn't find. Then I remembered, when viewing the files in Windows File Explorer the tab showing an incorrect date was named Date. I right clicked on the bar and removed Date and added Date created. Now everything is showing the correct dates that I edited images and PSD files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines