• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yellow and Green boxes form around location of brush click

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Occasionally, a yellow, green, or half green/half yellow box will form around the location I clicked when using the spot heal brush or general brush (see photos below).

PS Version: 23.3.1

Can't reproduce consistently, but will just randomly occur. I have flipped between the spot healling brush and general brush multiple times, but the boxes have appeared only twice of the countless times I have switched.

Expected result: Photoshop places my brush mark or does a spot heal

Actual result: Photoshop places my brush mark or does a spot heal, but leaves behind a box. The box has no impact on the result, and other brush strokes remove parts of the box.

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 1.07.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-04 at 1.08.20 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Hi @Thomas2292245005c8, that is strange.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale setting somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them. 

If this doesn't work, 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Thomas2292245005c8, that is strange.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale setting somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them. 

If this doesn't work, Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restored my preferences, and the issue has not come up again. Granted, there was no consistent way to make the boxes occur, at least that I was aware of, so it may take a bit of work for me to comfortably confirm that was the issue. I have more work like this to do today, so I will come back and update my post if it happens again. I should probably mention, the boxes have no impact on the overall action, it was just like it was demonstrating where the spot healing brush was pulling from. There were boxes only twice; once on start up and a second time later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @Thomas2292245005c8 for letting us know. We hope this issue is solved for you.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines