• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yellow background in new images in Photoshop & Lightroom [Windows 11]

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just re-installed the Adobe Suite on a new PC and all new or imported images in Photoshop or downloaded camera images opened in Lightroom, have a yellow tint in the background. In the settings for creating a new image, it is set to transparent or white. I have been into the Windows Color Management utility and tried changing the color profile to no avail.

Videos opened in Premiere Pro, also recently reinstalled, are fine.

Any suggestions welcome!!!!

[Windows 11 added to subject line]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is apparently a bug in Windows 11. It's been reported a number of times.

Some people solved it by turning off HDR in Windows color management, for others that didn't help.

There is apparently a real issue here, the Eizo website says there's a problem with loading the monitor profile correctly in Win 11, and they recommend staying on Windows 10 until this has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks. Yes, I opted for Win 11 on the new PC….bugger! I’ll try your
suggestions and if no success, wait!
Regards
Laurie Bonney
--
Regards
Laurie Bonney

[Personal info removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse    Your reply made me go and take a look at the Eizo site. Thanks - that's another reason for me to hold off on Windows 11 for a while.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was @jazz-y who pointed me to the Eizo site in another thread.

Eizo usually stay on top of things. They also reported the banding issue we saw in 10 bit displays in the first Windows 10 releases, and their information was very accurate. That issue was fixed by Microsoft pretty quickly.

But yes - I intend to stay on 10 for the foreseeable future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember Windows Me, Windows Vista, Windows 8 and now we have Windows 11, thankfully Windows 10 will be supported until 2025

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou everyone taking the trouble to comment. I slipped into this one
(buying Win 11) early after it’s release. I used to have a
hardware/software business and knew full well that MS gets us to debug
their beta versions! So usually I don’t buy till things have settled…I
guess I’ll have to sit this one out and find workarounds!!
Thanks all
--
Regards
Laurie Bonney
Personal information removed by Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laura, a fix is coming,

you shouldn have to wait too long I hope

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/12/26/microsoft-confirms-another-windows-11-issue-promises-fix-in...

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The yellow tint is more likely due to a mismatch between the white point in the file's color profile and monitor color profie. There is currently a workaround to force the color profile of the monitor:

2021-10-24_16-51-18.png

2021-10-24_16-51-40.png

(I have a local version of windows, but I think everything is clear from the screenshots)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reference:

Microsoft Windows 11 and EIZO Software Compatibility

"Due to a bug in the OS, it is not possible to get the ICC profile information even though the ICC profile has been correctly applied to the OS.
There is currently no solution within the software settings.
We highly recommend not using a PC installed with Microsoft Windows 11 for the time being."

(my emphasis)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue, unfortunately, I don't have the "turn off HDR" feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly you'll either need to await a fix from Microsoft* or perhaps you can revert to W10 for now?

Microsoft confirms another Windows 11 issue, promises fix in a future release 

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/12/26/microsoft-confirms-another-windows-11-issue-promises-fix-in...

*why? this is explained further up this thread.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's actually a different issue. That's a broken/defective monitor profile (in this case from Viewsonic), and deleting it substitutes the Windows default, which is sRGB IEC61966-2.1. The proper fix in this case is to use a calibrator to make a new custom profile (but using sRGB can work as a temporary solution).

What's discussed in this thread is a bug in Windows 11 that prevents applications from reading any monitor profile. Microsoft is aware of it and a fix is in the pipeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to the Forum for all your advice. Nothing has worked so far so I'm going to contact MS and see if there's an ETA on the correction to W11. I'll keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue, unfortunately, I don't have the "turn off HDR" feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's actually a different issue. That's a broken/defective monitor profile (in this case from Viewsonic), and deleting it substitutes the Windows default, which is sRGB IEC61966-2.1. The proper fix in this case is to use a calibrator to make a new custom profile (but using sRGB can work as a temporary solution).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines