Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You cannot add keyboard shortcuts for the application Adobe Photoshop 2022

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I recently received this "You cannot add keyboard shortcuts for the application Adobe Photoshop 2022."

I typically ALWAYS open PS directly to edit in by using Command X (I set this up) but now it's just a clicking sound and PS will NOT open like it was! 

I tried removing the keyboard shortcut and setting up a new shortcut but it still won't work.  Any help or ideas?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its probably OS related issue not Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this how you setup the Launch Adobe Photoshop 2022 keyboard shortcut?

Did you try a keyboard shortcut other than Command X?

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch002051.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeff Thank you for the reply, please allow me to clarify further.  I am trying to open PS to edit a Raw file in which is already in LR.  Before, I could just press Command>X and then that file would immediately open in PS, retouch, then save as back to LR.  Now, when I press Command X it's making a clicking sound like its trying to magnify the image?  Could be a setting that got changed accidently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From within Lightroom Classic, Command E is the default keyboard shortcut for Photo>Edit In>Photoshop.

Is that the shortcut you changed or want to change?

lrsc.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff!  Thanks for the reply.  I had it custom set to Command X as it was closer to reach.  For some reason, that isn't working anymore.  I suppose I could go with Command E.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To recap changing the Edit In keyboard shortcut in Lightroom Classic, go to Apple>System Preferences>Keyboard>Shortcuts>App Shortcuts, click the Add + symbol, select

Adobe Lightroom Classic.app as the Application, in Menu Title paste in the

exact menu command Photo->Edit In->Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2022...

For Keyboard Shortcut type Cmd X

ks1.pngks2.png

ks3a.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jeff Arola this in theory should work, thank you.  But, I keep receiving this ERROR message.  This happend on my Mac before the latest updates as well.  Screen shot it attached.  

Alert: "You cannot add keyboard shortcuts for
the application Adobe Photoshop 2023"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your selecting Adobe Lightroom Classic.app as the Application to assign the keyboard shortcut to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I was selecting Adobe PS 2023 (The latest current version I am working in)

Should I be assigning another version instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes if you want to change the Edit In keyboard shortcut in Lightroom, then you need to select the Adobe Lightroom Classic.app as the Application as described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines