• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add ALL saved files to the recent files list?

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please have ALL saved files added to the recent files list?

Or even better, a "recently saved" files list?

Quite often I start a new file using the copy buffer... then I "save as", or "export as" or "save" as a filename.

I think I've saved it to My Documents, or the Dekstop ( Win 10 ) but it's not there, because it actually went somewhere else - one of the last folders I used, maybe weeks agon.

I then search my entire computer, network drives and external drives looking for the image - sometimes I never find it, or maybe years later(!)

If this feature already exists, then I apologise and look forward to being called a n00b and shown where it is. ;o)

Thanks!

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't that be just as impractical, only the other way around? I mean you could end up with endless lists that are hard to read and get clipped because there's not enough space to display them. perhaps it would be more efficient to just add favorites for your most used folders to your file dialog's sidebar so you can just zap through them more quickly and minimize the risk of saving fiels in a wrong location... Otherwise I think this would be more a request for Bridge or the Cloud Files panel to also keep track of your other files.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not impractical really... the list can just show that last 20 (max 100).
And 99.999% of the time, I only want to know where the last file I saved lives.

Votes

Translate

Translate