• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe, PLEASE don't take away the option to export a group...

Contributor ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create book covers. My process is to put the text all into one folder group. When it's time to generate title plates, I simply right click on the group (which is already named appropriately) and save it out /export as a jpg and as a png. I also wish we could export from here to TIFF, but that's never been an option that I've seen. 

But with this newest update, I had to go in and turn on legacy export to keep this option. I hope this doesn't mean that feature is going away. If it is on the chopping block, please reconsider.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Contributor , Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Oh good. Strange. Yesterday I tried several times to get it to work and it kept giving me an error on the export pop-up. I'm sorry to say I don't remember exactly what the error was. I believe I shut down PS and restarted and it still was doing it. (The details are a bit fuzzy because I was having some other glitches yesterday that I believe had to do with windows, so I was doing a lot of troubleshooting.) Anyhow, this was right after I updated to the most recent version (yesterday - 23.4.1.) I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Could you give us more information about situation it doesn't work? Group export should be disabled only when this group is empty - either no layers in it, or all layers are not visible (hidden, adjustment layers, etc). if you create new document, create new group and add text layers to it, does this problem reproduce? If it happens only with some files/groups, would it be possible to see your files or screenshot of Layers panel? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not talking to Adobe or Adobe engineers here but rather to volunteers like me who are trying to help users like us. Try in Ideas section which is monitored by Adobe engineers, here they will come to read posts ocasionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you give us more information about situation it doesn't work? Group export should be disabled only when this group is empty - either no layers in it, or all layers are not visible (hidden, adjustment layers, etc). if you create new document, create new group and add text layers to it, does this problem reproduce? If it happens only with some files/groups, would it be possible to see your files or screenshot of Layers panel? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh good. Strange. Yesterday I tried several times to get it to work and it kept giving me an error on the export pop-up. I'm sorry to say I don't remember exactly what the error was. I believe I shut down PS and restarted and it still was doing it. (The details are a bit fuzzy because I was having some other glitches yesterday that I believe had to do with windows, so I was doing a lot of troubleshooting.) Anyhow, this was right after I updated to the most recent version (yesterday - 23.4.1.) I finally went into Edit/Preferences/Export and turned on "legacy export" and then it started working as normal. 

Today, I turned off legacy export and it is currently working as it should. So I don't have any files that are not working as they should at this point. Thank you for responding. I'm glad to know it isn't going away. I use it on every project I work on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad to hear it works now! If it happens again, you can PM me with more info so we can try to see why it is happening

(but hope it will continue to work just fine 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate