• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI selections and adjustments

Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that in PS the AI selection adjustment layer is BELOW the effected layer mask. In other modules if an effect is limited to a single layer or layer mask the adjustment is ABOVE the effected layer. Can the latest update AI layer adjustment be standardised so that the layer containing the effecting feature is ABOVE the layer it effects?

I hope this is understanable?

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by 'AI (selection) adjustment layer'?

Moderator please remove Actions and scripting label from this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the new selection feature in the latest PS version (23.0.1) selects multiple objects in a photo, in order to make adjustments to any or all objects selected it is necessary to output the selections to layers ("mask all objects" in the "layer" tool bar), one for each object selected.

Often the reason for making a selection (however it is done) is to be able to make a specific adjustment to part of the image, exposure, contrast etc. 

Adjustment layers in earlier versions, where a selection was made using non AI (select and mask), appear above the object layer being adjusted. That adjustment layer can either be applied to all layers below (in the layers panel) or resricted to only the layer immedeately below the adjustment layer.

However when an adjustment layer is generated to adjust an object layer which has been made using the latest AI tool that adjustment layer appears below the selected object layer being adjusted.

The functionality is fine but I suggest that for the sake of commonality the adustment layers should all appear above the layer being adjusted as has been the case in past versions.

A minor cosmetic change to a really excellent change to how selections are made is all I suggest. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if I asked wrong question. I mainly wanted to know what does AI mean (full words)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Adobe's Artificial Intelligence.

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate