• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Better UI for Adobe Softwares

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically, I have to admit that I really like the UI of iPad apps because they are so minimalist, simple and modern. So this is what I am asking Adobe. 

I think Adobe should make the Software UI.. not just matches the OS UI but also has a better UI design. Like maybe Modify the UI Font, Better Colors (darker grey for example), Simpler Look, Menu/Submenu Animation, and anything else that is good!

For the example just like what I found on Dribbble:

79831e1a1fa6111d00a270210569ee03.jpg

(But in Black and Dark Grey)

So it will give a better experience for The Users. And also Adobe has to be advanced and creative everytime instead of keeping those UI that is already so old-fashioned (I can say).

I don't know if they are actually making this or not right now For the upcoming Photoshop or any other Software for this Windows 11 and MacOS Monterey Update but I'm just sharing my idea here and hope that Adobe will Finally make this!

Alden

Idea No status
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know a lot of people who reject new versions of Photoshop just because it looks weird. Many are still working on CS6, and just today I was talking to a colleague who was asking questions about CS2 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You can read the topic Photoshop 23.2.2 Share Button is distracting  - where discussed changing only ONE button. 
You can see that even on such an insignificant issue there are many different opinions.

When an application has a long history of development, many people with different skill levels work with it on a large number of devices with different characteristics, you need to be very careful about any changes to the interface.

The only thing I personally would agree with is the possibility of more customization of the interface than it is now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS has to be functional (which it struggles with), not fashionable or conforming to the latest movie... 😉

I don't feel the current UI is even that old. I could think up an improvement or three, but I'm mostly ok with it, esp. the looks.

For what you want, maybe an option where you can change themes/looks would be ideal, but if you want to see a significant change, many books and tuts may become confusing.
I'd prefer they would respect foreign customers more, for whom many shortcuts are not available (to redefine), for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Signfeld  to redefine shortcuts in Windows, you can use keyboard remappers (programs that intercept the key combination you need and send another one to the application instead). I've been using the old keyboardManiac utility for over 15 years - I have about 10 keyboard shortcuts remapped for Photoshop and no longer have problems with it. I know that this is also possible in MacOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @jazz-y . I've been wanting to get into that for the last few years, but seems "I'm getting too old for this"... 😉 I used to do it a few decades ago for other software, and was wondering what is a solid software for it nowadays (there are many). But I've already decided I will get a true Querty keyboard instead.

If you define shortcuts for brush size and those don't also work inside Liquify, nor is there a Taskspace for Liquify, that seems a lack of respect to me — that's just one example. I might also want to redefine cursor keys to 2 letters, so maybe it's useful for that still. Hm, that would hamper typing though 😄  I could also look for something to put the cursor keys under my feet 🙂 Got MIDI controllers a-plenty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Signfeld many years ago I found POS keyboards for myself (programmable keyboards, where each button can send any set of key codes), since then they have been my indispensable helpers (I use several devices from xkeys)

2022-07-15 21-12-10.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, FYI, there is a darker theme for Photoshop that you can set in its preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate