• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CMY Color Spectrum & Color Picker (No "K")

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's not kid ourselves. Illurstrators and digital painters use photoshop, and a decent amount of them still work in print. 

As I've been digging into more color theory for print, trying to achieve the most vibrant results for CMYK, I've realized that the less "K" used in the colors, the more it can POP. "K" ends up making things look muddy and kind of gross.

So I want to propose an idea: CMY Color Spectrum & Color Picker (No "K")

The idea is to have more options to explore CMYK colors without "K" to achieve the most rich and vibrant colors possible for print. It may even be fun to explore what a Custom Color Spectrum and Color Picker so we can have better control of what we're seeing. 

I understand there may be workarounds, but I like the freedom of the Color Picker and Spectrum. Having it as a drop down option for the Color Panel, and a toggle options for the Color Picker. 

Idea No status
TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So let me explain the custom color picker/spectrum a bit more.

Say you want to only pick colors between Cyan and Yellow, Magenta and Yellow, or Magenta and Cyan. By clicking the check box to two of the colors you can see just those two ranging from 0% to 100% of that color.

The sliders are nice, but are better when you have a CMYK book that can show you how specific color may look. Having something a little more flexible would be a great tool for illurstrators and digital painters. 

Votes

Translate

Translate