• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Detachable tool tabs

Explorer ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to make the tools on the left side of the Photoshop screen so that you can pull them out of the dock like in Illustrator. Just add the little arrow on the end of the tool-tab. It would we great for tools that you use in combination, like the different Pen tools, or the different masking technique tools. 

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

No, unfortunately. ImageReady had this functionality back in the day, but Photoshop does not currently have that feature. Thanks for the request.

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

toolbar.png

isn't that what you need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, what I mean is to make a specific tooltab temporarily floating, just like in Illustrator. That way you can position for instance the pen tools close to your mousepointer and quickly swap tools just like in Illustrator. Closing the tooltab would send it back to the dock again, also just like in Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately. ImageReady had this functionality back in the day, but Photoshop does not currently have that feature. Thanks for the request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@wilmarboer 

I love the "tear-away" feature for tools in Illustrator and have clicked the Upvote button. So far mine is the only upvote.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate