• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed Color Profile--can it stay selected?

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

In current versions (23.2.2 and slightly previous) when selecting a new file type (TIF, PNG, JPG, PSB, etc.) in the Save/Save As dialogue boxes, when changing the file type the "Embed Color Profile: ...)" radio box automatically deselects. This means that I have to take my hand off of the keyboard and put it on the mouse, and that takes time. Sometimes time I don't have. As a printer, I always want that option to stay selected. Allowing other apps to assign color profiles is... problematic!

In previous versions, the radio box would stay selected, although in some cases it wouldn't automatically populate if the color profile hadn't been assigned during the in-app workflow. 

It would be great if there were a way in preferences/color management to force embedding of color settings on Save/Save As so that I could remove this step from my workflow. 

Thanks! Rock on! 

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file already has a color profile embedded then following the suggested Color Settings dialog choices should result in the "Embed Color Prolfile" button "on". If the original file has no embedded profile then that button should not be automatically "on". If there is no embedded profile and you want a profile embedded at the time of saving then you have to choose the proper profile which may not be the default chosen in Color Settings. If there is no profile embedded and you want to embed a profile that is not the default then you must use "Assign Profile" in the Edit menu.

How to choose the proper profile is another topic for discussion.

Attached is a screen shot on my Color Settings display.PS Color Settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I make a new document (and of course, I configure a color space in the New dialog), and Save/Save As, the embed check box is on and is sticky. This should be the same for you as well. 

If they don't you may need to reset preferences as this is how the check box should work.

Press and hold Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

As for the Color Settings, you really want all the warning checkboxes ON.

More info here:

See: http://digitaldog.net/files/PhotoshopColorSettings.mp4

Photoshop CC Color Settings and Assign/Convert to Profile video

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate