• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eternal Export to PNG

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all like "Quick Export to PNG" right? 

What if there was a checkbox where every time you save your photoshop file, it also automatically does a quick export to PNG with the same filename? 

I'm using Photoshop to make textures for game dev right now, so I'm constantly tweaking things and re-uploading them. The game dev tools can automatically pick up an edited file, so saving both the PSD and PNG is the most annoying part of the workflow currently! This feature would let me live edit textures as easily as pressing ctrl+s. 

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that everybody wants to save into PNG every time they save their PSD... However letting users control the number of additonal format/s and location and file format options would be better.

That is "fairly easily scripted", however, using the current technology of Photoshop – it would use either save or save for web (legacy) as the Generator based Export As and Quick Export features are not accessible via scripting or actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

'We all like "Quick Export to PNG right?'

Wrong.

As long as it is a preference which is not on by default, I could support it. However, I'd rather the developers fix the issue of no color profile with PNG first.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate