• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FEATURE REQUEST: Import PDF pages to single, layered PSD

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it so hard to import a multi-page PDF to a single photoshop file with each page on a sepeate layer? It only opens it as multiple files and then I need to break my arm making the layers manually. Alternatively, I can use a script I found on teh interwebz that may or may not be a trojan horse full of viruses taht will destroy my computer. Which option is better? Tendinitis from all of the pointing-and-clicking to duplicate each page into a layerd PSD or risking a virus on my computer? It seems like it could be fixed with a simple menu option to import the PDF pages as separate layers in the file.

Yes, I'm aware there's a convoluted way to do it via Bridge, but it creates all of these funky additional layers. 

Can a feature please be added when you open a multi-page PDF to have the option to open the PDF in a single PSD file with each page of the PDF on a seperate layer? It would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Idea No status
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This script should be safe to use:

(you can open the script in any text editor to check the code)

(pdf_pages_to_layers.zip)

https://www.kuhnke-owl.de/index.php?id=48

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Automate/Batch command can be used to save all open docs. Photoshop also ships with a script to Load Files Into Stack (layers). So both forms of automation are safe and easy batch save separate files and combine those separate files into a single layered file. Yes, having the option to automate this process would be more productive.

EDIT: If you need to export as a multi-page PDF, then you will need separate files, not layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jeff Arola – Thanks Jeff, it's a nice script! I had to add a bit of code for the page numbers to be added as a suffix to the layer name.

Votes

Translate

Translate