• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find the closest mathematical color match from a user defined swatch library

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I'm not the only designer who needs to be able to find the closest match to my artwork in an user defined / created color swatch library.

I would LOVE it if we could either:

1) Gain the ability to create color books using established swatches.  My vendors send me swatch books in .ase or .aco format.  I NEED to find the mathematical closest match within the available swatches in my vendor libraries.

OR

2) Add a "find closest match" function that pulls from a user defined selection of swatches.  

To really make designers happy, this functionality should work in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign at minimum.  It would also be nice if we had the option to see the top 3-5 closest matches.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in complete agreement. This is a must-have feature for any print or textile designer. We also work using pre-defined color palettes and often scan in prints and need to find the closest match from within either our own pre-defined color palettes or Pantone library. 

They had a tool that sort of did this in their Textile Designer Beta that I took part in, but have not heard anything since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@user10881700 did you vote at the top of the thread?

Please invite some of your peers to vote and elaborate on your current struggles without that function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate