• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you make translucent brushes not overlapp eachother?

Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wanna paint on 1 layer with different opacity. So i use the shortcut right mousclick + alt + control (PC), to change the opacity of the brush with a vertical mouse-movement (unchecked "vary round brush hardness based on HUD vertical movement). So i change it fast on my pen, which I use.

But if i am on low opacity and do multiple strokes, which "overlap", i get an additive effect and the color gets darker. So, i need a function, where the density is compared, so it dont overlap the maximum value, which i actualy set.

I saw on other programs, there are functions for this, but couldnt find it in Photoshop, to prevent this overlap.

I am not interessted in creating new layer, for different opacity. Thats not my question. I would like to have this fast way, changing the opacity on 1 layer, so i can layer my drawing with different opacity.
This is good, if i do gesture drawings and use low opacity for basic feel and motion of the figure, higher opacity for anatomical lines and max opacity for muscles.

This is a good way to excercise, instead creating hundrets of layers. The preventing of adding opacity is also great for other things.

Prior, i used shortcut "x", to change between 2 colors, but this is not enough, because i need more layers for the construction and the solution with setting fast the density is great. But there comes the problem with translucent brushes overlapp eachother.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no feature in PS that allows you to do this, but it is an interesting idea. I changed your post to a feature request. Maybe more people will upvote this.

Votes

Translate

Translate