Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image or file count

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Team,

I work with many images at a time in PS. This is because I use image stacking very frequently for my research work. It would be excellent if there is an option (just like "layer count" which shows the total number of layers) that shows how many images or files are opened in PS. I am requesting the Adobe Team to please add this option at your earliest.

Thank you.

Best,

-Supratim

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't clear to me where you are suggesting this feature request to be placed. Certainly not in the Info panel, as this is for individual, document-specific readouts. Where this would make more sense is down the lower left of the interface in the status bar where there is also an option for layer count among other info.

A script can do this for you until Adobe possibly adds such a feature. You can install it and bind a custom keyboard shortcut for easy access:

alert("Open document count:" + "\r" + documents.length);

or

alert("You have " + documents.length + " documents open");

alert.png

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/11/downloading-and-installing-adobe-scripts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the bottom of the Window menu you will see a list of all open documents. However, the documents are listed by file name and the menu does not give you a total count.

A script was discussed at

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/how-to-tell-how-many-files-are-open-w...

Votes

Translate

Translate