• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More control points in Curves

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A great time saver for me would be to have a feature in Curves that when you decide you need more control points, Photoshop would interpolate new points between the ones already set by entering a value for total points desired, up to the current limit. It could operate channel by channel. As I get more skilled at color correction I find myself often drifting towards using more control points.

Having this feature should not cause any problems for those who don't need it.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

curves.png

you need more? what do you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sixteen is plenty, and I often use them all, but how much easier it would be to do a quick and modest curves adjustment to get started and then say, hey, I can make use of a few more. As it is, if I already know I have something good going I will just invoke my saved 16-point preset and go at it, but it’s just a little tedious sometimes. Often I’ll need some significant moves in part of the curves but very little in other parts, and this feature would just make it easy to invoke the extra precision when I need it.

I tried to post this but the page doesn’t work properly on my iPad.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

would be nice to see your curves and samples of images

I mostly use just 1-2 points and other tools for subtle corrections (like color balance, selective color, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate