• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On startup, Brush window will not show current selected brush brush

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently noticed this issue — when starting Photoshop and using the brush tool (90+% of what I do), the brush window shows the first or top brushes in the palette, not the currently or last used brush. If I try to change brushes via the ',' or '.' hotkeys, the window will not advance to display the current or last used brush (though the brush is changing). I have to scroll through the window itself to the brush I want, and select it in the window for the brush window to behave normally.

Is there a fix for this? Thank you.

Photoshop 22.5.1

iMac 2017, macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible for you to make a screen recording of the behavior you're seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to a screen recording on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOqlwCsTYD0)

First, I'm using Photoshop 2020 to show how the brush panel normally behaves — I start painting right after opening the application. The brush is the last used brush. Upon changing the brush via the ',' or '.' hotkeys, the brush window advances to display the currently selcted brush.

Next, I'm using Photoshop 2021.  I start painting right after opening the application. The brush is the last used brush. Upon changing the brush via the ',' or '.' hotkeys, the brush window does not advance to display the currently selcted brush, though the brush changes.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @tbkale361   I can confirm that in both 2020 and 2021, if the brushes are in a folder that is collapsed, you will not see them - the panel will not scroll them into view nor expand the folder.  Can you confirm that this is the problem you're seeing in 2021? If the folder is expanded, the panel will scroll and show the currently active brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate