• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overhaul of Photoshop's Animation tools and timeline for professional animators.

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. First post here.
I am a 2D animator, more specifically a traditional hand-drawn, frame by frame animator. (Just like a traditional Disney animator, but I use Photoshop)
Here's my showreel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuN0GpQG8DQ
My website: www.sykosan.com 
I would like, if at all possible to help the design team to create a better, more professional timeline, for traditional animators.
I love the fact that I can animate in PS but as it stands, the timeline and other animation tools, are quite sketchy and clunky in some regards, but still awesome in other regards. 
The list of things to improve is rather long, but not incredibly complex. It is mainly an issue of interface design, but also improving or adding just a few crucial tools. This could turn PS into an unbeatable animation app.
I know Adobe Animate exists, but it doesn't offer "bitmap" animation, and doesn't have all the great painting tools of Photoshop.
The sad thing is that other industry standard, traditional animation tools aren't that great either, such as Toon Boom or TV paint, which are also buggy or very clunky and so old-fashioned it's painful.
I dream of a simple but efficiently designed Timeline, tailored for hand-drawn animation.
I'm not seeking something complex such as rigged animation and bones and whatnot.
Photoshop is amazing for illustration, it could be just as amazing for us traditional animators.
I hope, if anyone knows how to, that I could communicate with some design team to work with them, simply as a friendly consultant, to guide them to implement some effective and much needed updates.
Thanks
Sykosan

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know what you mean and I think I have a few ideas of my own, but I don't expect much to happen on this front.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate