• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to access iPadOS clipboard

LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I copy text from outside Photoshop (i.e. another iPadOS app), I can’t paste it into a text layer inside Photoshop. The reverse is also true.

In my case, I wanted to copy chunks of text from my resume (developed in Photoshop), into an online spellchecker — but can’t do so.

Idea No status
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Well, apparently the dude who said clipboard cut and paste wasn't on the development roadmap didn't know (cursing removed) he was talking about, because behold: It was on the roadmap because it is functioning right this very minute on my crusty old 2015 iPad Pro:

IMG_0342.png
THANK YOU ADOBE, better late than never! Although you may already have lost a lot of users.

Votes

Translate

Translate
82 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was the only one. I’m creating a comic book series using Fresco but since they don’t have a text option, I used Photoshop Mobile but I couldn’t paste the text from my script over to Photoshop. I had to manually type it all out. Considering moving this project to Procreate 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Photoshop on my iPad Pro. When I want to copy some text (for example some paragraph from safari / notes, ...) and paste to exist text layer, in Photoshop it paste the same text which I have in layer. When I have there nothing, so it works like I didn't make any copy., 

But in other apps works Copy/Paste correct. It is only in Photoshop.

Have anybody same problem? Or do you know how fix this problem? It is really annoying.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop for Mobile forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to paste from the iOS clipboard is not currently a feature in Photoshop on the iPad. We appreciate your feedback regarding freatures that you believe are the highest priority for your workflow. You can vote on that feature here: Photoshop Mobile: Cannot access iPadOS clipboard

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I tried to do was add a block of text over an image. I kinda shocked it doesn’t work. Very basic fail guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the most basic must haves.. I can get it free on countless other apps so shocked I couldn’t copy/paste. I am really losing my patience with this app it has been a big let down for me so far. I have not found any use for it I just go back and forth between Lightroom and PE. I don’t have a computer anymore just an iPad. Couldn’t afford both so I had to choose.. hoping for a big update soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? You can't PASTE TEXT? "Photoshop" for iPad is an absolute joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am composing a children’s book featuring both illustration and text and that it’s impossible to paste text into text boxes is seriously disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like a joke that cannot be copied and pasted from another app

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a sad joke.  It's 2020 and a multi-billion dollar company cannot implement copy and paste ???? Are you kidding me ?!?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did adobe even bother rolling Photoshop out on iPad? This literally makes the application useless.

I can't imagine adding copy and paste requires some feat of computer engineering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to be a dick but whoever made the call to roll out photoshop on mobile without copy and paste I hope got fired.

My Mac is getting work done andI thought I would be able to make do with PSD on IPad but I guess not. Back to Procreate it is seeing as Photoshop for iPad is worthless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is very wrong here. LumaFusion just rolled out a major update in just six months. They have 3+ software engineers. The entire company is eleven people. If you check out the ABOUT in Photoshop iPad - they have 75+ people assigned. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually ridiculous... you can't copy and paste. You can't upload a psd doc... What do the developers do all day? These are basic functions. I am creating stickers with text and I litterally I have to go through and handtype everything like this is the 1950s

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A text editor in Photoshop Ipad with ability to copy to and paste from ios clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started using PS on iPad today, and one of the first things I went to do was copy and paste from another app. This seems like a pretty big feature to miss!

Text is crucial, but being able to copy and paste images from other apps is also very important. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just found out about this shocking fact today. As both an artist and programmer myself, the idea that Adobe couldn't afford a couple hours of Swift / C++  coding for clipboard manipulation and considering how absolutely CRITICAL this is to every single professional's workflow on the planet --- one has to ask who is running the company now.

Adobe, if you are paying attention to your forums, then you are hopefully already noticing a trend. I was already on the edge seeing how much more open-source (free) Blender can do than After Effects .... but with this enormous, unconsciouable faux-pas, you have sealed the deal for me. You are not a company that takes its customers seriously. Go ahead and delete all the comments here deriding your oversight team for missing the "door handle on the door". You won't be the first company of your size to make this fundamental error.

This, unfortunately, demonstrates just how out of touch you are with real-world, production applications of your products .... and confirms, at least in my mind, how you are quickly and irreversibly losing your position as a leading media-software company. You have really shot yourself in the foot with this one. You could have delayed releasing iPad Photoshop for as long as it took to implement this feature. Someone in a board-room thought otherwise, and now the entire company is going to pay for it. You have lost all credibility. First, Structure Paint acquistion (huge black mark on your reputation) and now this. What's next? New mobile apps can't save or export files? It wouldn't surprise me a bit. The whole lot of you must be either completely stoned or reeling on the edge of bankruptcy and desperate to gain leverage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I found an issue to past a text which I copied from safari. 
notice that i'm using an ipad

Have you a solution to resolve this issue ?

[Tag for iPadOS added by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop for Mobile forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to paste from the iOS clipboard is not currently a feature in Photoshop on the iPad. We appreciate your feedback regarding freatures that you believe are the highest priority for your workflow. You can vote on that feature here: Photoshop Mobile: Cannot access iPadOS clipboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What! The money we spend on every month this should be added yesterday. What a joke. Is there any work around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing that after 10+ months, there is still no option to paste from the iOS clipboard. What is Adobe actually doing with all the money it gets? They need to spend a larger amount on development and quality control for their apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a joke, first I couldn't use the move tool in the normal version of PS due to some glitch now I find out they can't be bothered to do something as simple as copy and paste from clip board. 

Votes

Translate

Translate