• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to disable Cloud-Sync

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to disable Cloud Sync. I don't want to store my images at the Adobe Cloud. I have an private NAS. You miss a fully integration of Apples file manager. App is useless for me if it force me to use a cloud.

Idea No status
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
16 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen to that! Creative Cloud sync, ok(-ish), though I’d rather use my own choice of cloud.
Document Cloud NOT ok. My master SHOULD be local, not cloud. That’s why I will NEVER use LR CC for my photos, only Classic (or move away from Adobe entirely if they force me to use their cloud).

Photoshop for iPad deleted, problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. The program is useless to me if it insists on uploading every change I make; sometimes the files I can be working on can be in the tens or even hundreds of gigabytes. Already, within just a couple of hours of using the program, I've run into the problem of not being able to close the app because it's still busy uploading and my overall connection for other devices is very clearly dropping when Phoshop is doing this, hogging the connection; my wifi has an upload speed of aorund 1mb/sec, it really can't handle this constant updating of huge files. Nor should it have to. I dread to think how much this would end up costing if I hit my data cap. (Yes, believe-it-or-not, Silicon Valley, data caps do exist on more than just mobile connections.)

At least Lightroom can disable cloud sync. Releasing PS without any way to disable cloud sync except by taking the whole iPad offline is bizarre. I certainly will not be starting this program up again until the ability to turn off cloud sync is implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...sometimes the files I can be working on can be in the tens or even hundreds of gigabytes.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of photos or artworks are you making that are hundreds of gigabytes? On-line sample at reduced size? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering how an iPad can handle a file that large, considering that they don't even have that much storage. Maybe someone is exaggerating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@David Converse Well, @Sebastian Matthews doesn't say that he has worked on such files on the iPad at this time. And I suspect that Photoshop for Mobile is using Smart Previews of the files that are in the Document cloud, just as Lightroom CC does. Edits applied to the Smart Preview are then automatically applied to the full-resolution image in the Document cloud. Major-league panoramas with many layers could be very large. Also many layers on the 100 MP Hasselblad Hasselblad H6D-400c MS. In any event, a cloud-based system where cloud storage is expensive is not the right solution for such large files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@David Converse my current iPad Pro has a 512GB drive and my hope is/was that with a version of Photoshop with the right functionality, a 1TB model could be a better mobile solution than dragging a laptop + AdobeRGB monitor around when clients want to inspect work on location. I'm not sure where you got the idea that iPads "don't even have that much storage". It may not be the 4TB my desktop rigs have but it would be enough to hold a couple of key files for that specific day. That is, if Photoshop on iPad was practical, which in this current form it is not. (For a variety of reasons; not being able to disabled syncing is just one of many.)  

But yes, the files I tried with mobile Photoshop as a test run weren't even close to the biggest files I work with and it still bogged down the connection. I don't want to be constantly uploading and updating a 1GB file, let alone a 100GB one.  

@David Illig Close guess, but it's a Phase One XF and IQ3 101mp back; soon we're all moving to IQ4 151mp backs, though personally I'm pushing to use the IQ4 101mp Trichromatic back. For me stitching several 101mp files vs stitching several 151mp files isn't really any different, but the more accurate colour out of the box will save more time. 

But in any case, yes, stitching several >100mp files and then doing global edits on top, which need to each be done on individual layers so picky clients can see every combination of adjustments, adds up to file sizes rarely below 20GB and on some occasions over 300GB. I'm sure everyone can understand why having that constantly uploading is a problem, why storing and downloading that amount of data off cloud services isn't worthwhile (and on the rare times we do utilise such systems, we sure aren't going to use Adobe's cloud offerings and legally could not even if we wanted to), and why having to manually take the iPad offline each time you open Photoshop is a tedious chore which could very easily be avoided simply by providing an option to just disable Photoshop's uploading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dig your problem, but as mentioned above, I don’t think that PS for Mobile is moving your gigabits at all after they are in the Document cloud, but only a Smart Preview, and moving a few kb of mathematical algorithms to apply to the”real” file in the Document cloud when an edit is applied in PS for Mobile—just as occurs in Lr mobile. The real problem, as I see it, is the high cost of cloud storage. I wouldn’t care to speculate whether PS for Mobile will ever be able to handle a non-typical case such as yours, but it is safe to say that both IPad Pro and PS for Mobile are going to gain in capability as time passes. For now, a lot of people are talking about their frustrations, and we’ll soon enough know whether Adobe is listening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want files synced to the cloud unless I explicitly request to do so. Please allow us to turn off cloud sync in Photoshop on the iPad. It will significantly limit my ability to use it until this is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps we’ll hear from Adobe on this. At present, however, the thing that you don’t want—your full-res images in the cloud—is central to the way PS for Mobile works. Many users have said that they are editing images of 100GB or more. IPad can’t hold many files of that size, and PS for Mobile would grind to a halt when loading such large files. That’s why the full image is in the cloud and much smaller representations (smart previews) are on the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is easily to resolve: Fully integrate Apples file manager. User now can do what ever they want with their files. They can integrate a local NAS f.e.. The Adobe-Cloud is useless with 20 GB (Foto): 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant use Photoshop on iPad because it eats up my limited wifi data plan VERY quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop mobile: please allow us the choice to disable automatically saving to the cloud. Many of us work for clients whose work must absolutely remain confidential. Automatically putting my work on the cloud automatically negates me using this app. Give us a choice, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like the option to disable Creative Cloud syncing. Living somewhere with upload speeds of around 0.2-0.5mbps, it’s fairly useless. Since iPadOS13, I keep everything on USB sticks/SD cards/external HDD. Since I’ve started using Photoshop for iPad, Creative Cloud has never really worked properly for me anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I support the option of disabling Creative Cloud as I have had numerous problems, even with large bandwith access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also living on external drives and have limited data plan in my country (around 50gb/month). Not everyone is privileged with unlimited data access, and some people simply dont want their files up there. Adobe, please, start listening to users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Why there is no option in iPad to stop syncing with Creative Cloud. I do not want to sync my files on cloud at any cost as the same are highly confidential. It is possible to stop syncing from PC but there is no option in iPad which is illogical. Pls. solve the issue ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate