• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to easily choose colors from a palette in my Library with the Color Picker active

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I get the color picker in Photoshop, I try to click on one of the colors in a palette stored in my Library and nothing happens.

WHY?

I don't understand what the point of have palettes in libraries if you can't actually use them when selecting colors within the app.

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 1.54.09 PM.png

Above is an example. I get a color picker for a stroke color, and when I click on the red color in the library palette, nothing happens.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
28 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi man, don't know if you solved it already but I found a solution. Was searching for an answer to the same question when I saw you post. Then I tried something, when I had the eye-dropper tool, which doesn't let you, nor me, select from CC Library, I found it DOES let you select from the foreground/background-palette. So I simply chose the color I knew I wanted when the eye-dropper was going to show up, before it did. Then when it came time to sample a color, I sampled it from the foreground/background-palette, where it for some reason does let me select. 

As I mentioned I don't know if you solved it, and I didn't bother reading the whole page here, but I am nevertheless attaching a screenshot to explain, even though I imagine you already got it. 

Cheers,

B

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 4 years later and this is still an issue. If I have color swatches in a library and I am in any diaolgue that is allowing me to select a color, those swatches should work on a click. No questions asked. I can't tell you how many times I intuitively go for this action and am reminded that, for watever reason, this doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish this was possible too. The click and drag outside de color picker window solution is such a cumbersome way to do it. I would never in a million years discover that by myself, especially because in After Effects it works properly by just hovering over the colors in the libraries. And the other thing is, why the color picker works fine for colors from the document, swatches and primary/secondary colors, but not libray colors? Why do you have to drag to be able to pick them? Seems contradictory to me to have two different ways to do the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate