• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to edit source after splitting tex/path extrusion

LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After splitting my 3D text, I cannot edit the single letters anymore: the "Edit Source" button merely no longer work. Any idea?

Photoshop CC 14.2.1.
MacBook Air
Mac OSX 10.8.5

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014
Yes thank you for the feedback. When you break the extrusion up it basically becomes extruded shapes at that point. The text ceases to be text. If you want you could create a separate 3d Layer for each character.

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Engaged ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen in some tutorials that 3D text is no longer editable after being split. I have the same problem with path extrusions - if the path had separate components, after splitting the extruded 3d shape I'm no longer able to edit the path components that served as a source for the extrusion. Before splitting they are editable, of course.

It would be nice to be able to edit source for splitted 3d, or at least I think the program should gray out the "edit source" button to make clear that this option it's no longer available (right now, it seems to be operative all the time, but after a split the button does nothing as Valerio points out).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is currently a design limitation. Converting this into a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes thank you for the feedback. When you break the extrusion up it basically becomes extruded shapes at that point. The text ceases to be text. If you want you could create a separate 3d Layer for each character.

Votes

Translate

Translate