• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to organize and reorder Paragraph / Character Styles in the Styles panel via drag & drop

LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently no way to drag and drop styles to move them around in the Character / Paragraph Styles pallette in Photoshop CC. It makes the management of styles difficult once you have more than a dozen or so in that pallette. Please correct this!

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
50 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to switch back from Sketch 3 to the new Photoshop 2015, because a lot of big efforts don't work very well and the software is still buggy. So i looked really forward to the new cc Version with artboards and all the new things for web- and ui-designers. But the missing feature to order the paragraph formats makes it so unintuitiv to work with. If i design a mobile, tablet and desktop version in one file, it would be great to also collect the styles in folders, because an h1 title in the desktop layout is often not the same, as on the mobile layout. Why does this little feature take so much time to implement?
A absolute minimum of help would be, if the paragraphs could displayed in an alphabetical order, so i could rename the formats, beginning with numbers or something similar, to bring it in a useful order i can work with?
Sorry, i'm german speaking and my english isn't very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my voice to this request.

It definitely is difficult to manage paragraph (and character) styles once a bunch of them are in use.

The absence of this feature definitely impacts the otherwise versatile nature of p&c styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not addressed as of November 2015 with the CC 2015.1 update.

I notice that Adobe is trying to focus more on functionality for web and graphic designers in Photoshop, eg. the new Design Space & Artboard features. But It's quite common that these kinds of users have dozens of styles in their documents, and we still have to put up with a messy Styles palette where items can't be moved or arranged into folders (like you can with InDesign or Illustrator).

I get that things on this forum only get addressed based on how many votes it attracts. But there's clearly a subgroup of users here that are going nuts because we can't do basic things like this that help us stay productive, and the complaints have been accumulating here for over 2 years... I feel like it'll never happen and I will have to go back to Illustrator once again to do website layouts, which is just insane.

Is there anyone at Adobe who can give us a quick update on when we might expect this minor amendment to take place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No wonder so many designers are starting to move to Sketch and other solutions. This is really not acceptable for 2016. This is such a frustratingly simple request that so many designers require.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please have the ability to re-order the styles? As designers who need things to be consistent and orderly, it can be very frustrating/inconvenient to have your Paragraph Styles go: H1, H2, H3, Body Copy, H4, H5.

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to adjust this manually, like through editing an XML file or something?
Or is Adobe abandoning this because shared styles/libraries are better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also like an update. I'm pretty organized so this is really frustrating, especially since it's offered elsewhere in the suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not acceptable in 2017. This feels like wondering when Illustrator was going to ever have multiple pages (artboards), long long after competing software offered it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may actually be it. However a dedicated window for styles for CSS is much needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whelp, four years later and still no update. Adobe sucks at giving designers what they want. Any better alternative yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make it possible to rearrange character styles in Photoshop.
(presets manager solution doesn't work for non-object styles)

Being able to combine this with layer styles would be a great advanced tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Designers have been asking for this for more than 3 years. When can we expect this to be implemented? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no organisational tools in the Paragraph Styles panel currently, such as being able to re-order styles and create folders for style sets (Header, Footer, Main content etc) as you would in InDesign. Being able to do this would make the feature far more useful than it is currently with very little development work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe we are still waiting for this to be implemented. Seeing how buggy the past 2 updates have been, the dev team is obviously hard pressed to get stacks of new eye-candy features in there while neglecting basic design essentials like the ability to organise paragraph styles and character styles. I reckon the ability to organise brushes, as seen in CC 2018, is long overdue. Adding a new variable font feature that isn't even supported outside Photoshop yet, ahead of addressing an ACTUAL NEEDED FEATURE that is many years old, is very disappointing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Adobe, this is unacceptable! For four years - nothing done for this option to happen? We are still paying customers and this should be an easy fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Adobe, say something!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four years? I guess it's normal when it is Adobe.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New 2019 version out, still no update on this. What the hell, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Six years and counting. Can't wait to leave Adobe forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, is this a joke? We've been using this half-baked clunky "character styles" feature for 6 years! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely ridiculous this hasn't been fixed yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe development team could you please implement this ability? This is badly needed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, 9 years and still not magened to get this option available... Please Adobe, don't rush improving the functionalities. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2024 and this sitll isnt implemented yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate