P: Ability to resize image/change DPI on iPad/mobile

51 Votes
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be awesome to be able to resize an image, change the dpi on my iPad Pro..
i make frequent submissions to magazines and having to log onto my desktop/laptop just to adjust the size and dpi is a little annoying.

Idea Released
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021
Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
32 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps. But, today's reality is what some of these posters are griping about. I was in the  "computer business" forty years and saw and participated in making all of that change take place.  What cannot happen is success with just wishing that EXISTING devices and EXISTING code can do everything we would be able to do on smaller devices....

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I see. I’ve been in and out of the biz of it for 40 yrs as well ( sold commodores, Franklins and Kaypros back in the day) and know that the changes came from users asking for it. : ) these days I have a hard time keeping up with the pace of innovation- so when I ask now it’s generally because I really don’t know what the full capability is anymore until I hit a roadblock - and I never assume it’s the software or system first - but me as an older user not knowing how to drive all the new machinery yet : ) - that’s why I ask ! And hey - maybe someone will see my question and see that many others asked and they will think “ hey - I bet we can build that in !” A girl can dream... thank you for your perspective on it all though. And have a good night. Stay safe in this crazy time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beth Jasper: I was initially in the finance arena including a few years as an analyst with a VC, then when the IBM product was launched, having been given a nice bonus for a project, left the corporate world and never looked back. I had an IT for Hire business, designing and installing networks with Novell Netware  for small to midsized businesses, many were CPAs or medical practices.  One of my employees bought the business after I had heart issues in 2003; so I left California and went to So Dakota and now am a happy photographer chasing wildlife, fooling around with Photoshop and occasionally fix "Broken Windows" for friends.

I have a lot of my photos on birdsbydave.com

Stay safe and be well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resizing options, both for image and canvas are needed, along with actions are the things I really need to be able to truly do mobile photo work.  I can import RAW files to Lightroom on the iPad, edit them, get everything looking great, but doing my normal resize, watermark, export to web for upload to my web server really can’t be done without jumping through a lot of hoops.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Admittedly spoiled by Adobe’s ever-expanding platform options for PS variants and offshoots—but, yes, (nondestructive) canvas & image resize options a significant hole in the app. Back to desktop app for this type of work. For now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, guys! I was maybe naive, but hoped that I would be able to resize images within Adobe products on iPad. I hope that’s in the next version of Photoshop. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Image size was added back in March: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/edit-image-size-ipad.html 

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging
Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate