• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to work with local files on iPad without cloud documents. Easy save to same file.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow to work with just local files on iPad without creating a cloud document.

I want to be able to open a JPEG/PSD/etc file from local file storage, edit it and save it back to same JPEG/PSD/etc on my local file system with a normal Save button. Just as I would do on desktop.

You don't always have internet and you don't always want to sync your work to the cloud. Sometimes you want to just retouch skin on 200+ photos on you iPad while sitting on the couch.

ps this whole iPad photoshop experience is more optimised towards drawing/design and working on single large files. Please also think about retouchers/photographers who need to work with 100+ files per day.

Idea No status
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
16 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please! I just lost 2 hours of drawing because of some Cloud issue. I have iPad with a lot of storage space. I’d prefer to use it and know my client work is saved. Redrawing the same thing you already did (and lost) is super annoying. I want to be sure my file is saved and sadly internet isn’t as reliable as the local file storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a must. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, Actuellement vous vantez les facilités de travailler sur iPad avec PS Mobile... Mais quand pourrons-nous sauver nos document localement ?
Ceci est absolument indispensable si nous souhaitons travailler où le réseau internet est très lent ou inexistant !

Il n'est même pas prévu d'option pour conserver le fichier localement ????

Et pour une meilleur expérience d’interaction entre un fichier PS et Fresco, toujours si pas de réseau internet ou réseau très faible, ce qui est souvent le cas hors des villes !

Hello, Nowadays you extol the opportunities to work on iPad with Mobile PS... But when shall we be able to save document our on a local level?
This is absolutely necessary if we like to work where Internet network is very slow or nonexistent!

It is not even envisaged of option to keep the file on a local level????

And for better one experience of correlation between a file PS and Fresco, always if no very weak Internet or network network, what is often case out of cities!

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that I do not invent the thread to cut the butter by asking you to come back in real life with you applications for iPad.... We are not rats of laboratory watered under an Internet shower in hyper high debit side..... And if you go on in this sense, to go to you to cut quite a lot of customers!

Look at this : https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/we-don-t-need-another-filesystem

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Translate sure mangled this one! I have no idea what is being said, other than some anger... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pas une colère, mais un regret du manque de vue des concepteurs Adobe sur la réalité de la position des utilisateurs par raport à Internet dans le monde !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This time I think Google did a better job!  "Not anger, but a regret at the lack of view of Adobe designers on the reality of the position of users compared to the Internet in the world!"

My take on the matter (I am not an Adobe employee but spent a career in the tech world) is that there is a near infinite number of combinations of hardware and software in use in the world, and that it is almost impossible for any software maker to anticipate every single impact possible between complex programs and that diverse population of equipment.

I very much doubt that Adobe nor any one else is blithely ignoring their customer base! That would be a foolish business strategy. What IS happening is that, given the complexity of this problem and the huge complexity of code, is that they are working very hard to do their best. Allegations of incompetence and lack of care are misplaced!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my limited wifi data is constantly being used up by photoshop on ipad. you cANT STORE 3GB PSD-S IN THE CLOUD AND EXPECT AN EFFICIENT WORKFLOW. its clear that the team didnt invision this app for pro use with the funny cloud sync stuff. again, in the keynote you advertised how «photoshop can work with all your traditional huge 5GB psd-s” & you expect us to do that with CLOUD SYNC?

This is either stupidity or a marketing tactic to get us to buy more storage.

Either way, it’s nasty — and it’s not doing any favor to 20 year old customers that don’t have the most reliable internet. 
You did it in lightroom on ipad. Now give US the ability to pause Sync.

This is a basic human right at this point 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Konstantin Malaev:  "This is a basic human right at this point :)" Entitlement generation thinking.

Why on earth would one want to work on such a large file on an iPad?

TANSTAAFL... There also is no such thing as free beer...

Why do so many millennials act like a menopausal spouse in a family law court proceeding when they don't get what they want, for free?

Your iPad doesn't use up your limited WIFI time, YOU do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the f**k are you talking about? Aside from your sexist comments I am not going to reply to,

I am paying €70 for my CC subscriptions... What’s free?

Photoshop team ADVERTISED the ability that you can work on such large documents. If they didn’t, I wouldn’t say a thing.

iPad Pro with the A12X processor renders a ten minute 4K video in less than two minutes, it’s in a MacBook’s league and Apple is making Macs with the same processors as iPads. There’s no reason you couldn’t edit on an iPad.

I want to work on those files because my hardware is capable, and the software advertises itself as capable to do so.

And ps. It’s not Wi-Fi time, its data. Try asking Annie Leibovitz if she keeps her photoshop files in the cloud, of course, if you know who that even is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hostility does not get you anywhere, especially not help.
 You are too young to have known Leibowitz

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She’s related to my family and inspired me to begin photography 8 years ago. And her name is not spelled that way. Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were inspired by a great photographer indeed!!

Now, you need to acquire some social interaction skills...

PS: YOU were the one who said "my limited wifi data is constantly being used up by photoshop on ipad." Also, iPad and MAC do NOT use the same OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?

We’re an Adobe shop, but cloud-only model on mobile is a deal-breaker for us.

We have an Adobe cloud storage plan and like it as a backup for current working files, but we need our default and permanent saves to be local.
Cloud is (and must be) an auxiliary function for us.

I just want to confirm that local storage and total  file control haven’t recently been added before we cancel our cloud storage plan and drop the apps in favour of other solutions.

Any news appreciated.
Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be really useful for those of us who don't use Adobe's cloud services if we had the ability to open and save files to third-party cloud services such as iCloud and Dropbox, we could make edits on the go as well as deliver finished files on the go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should be available just for the fact that 'cloud documents' are in the infancy stage and the user experience is horrible. Still in 2023. I would much rather use dropbox. Workflow is much faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate