• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Full version app for Apple iPad Pro

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Apple has a tablet with a stylus it would be great to see a FULL version of Photoshop CS that works on iOS. Please not an express program. Something that professionals can use. If anyone knows if this is in the works, please post. Thank you. Here's the link: http://www.apple.com/ipad-pro/

Idea Released
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019
We just released Photoshop on iPad 1.0 in the iOS app store, available as part of most existing Photoshop subscriptions. Unlike previous Photoshop apps, this app is built with the same codebase as Photoshop on macOS and Windows. It does not have every feature of Photoshop desktop, but we will be adding more and more features very quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
82 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so pissed off that Apple and Adobe don't offer the strong support for the iPad Pro, that I'm about to give it away to my nephew.  Wake up Apple and Adobe.  Getting
very lazy and slow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it would be great to have Photoshop CC on the iPad Pro 12.9 model. The pencil is great and the CPU power should be sufficient, because Affinity Photo for iPad is working without any delay.
Now with iOS 11 there is a file system and Apple under Tim Cook is much more open.
Currently I am using PS and LR on my iMac Retina and it would be a pain to buy a MS-Surface Pro just to run PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have installed Astropad and Duett and yes you can do a few things but you cannot compare it with a direct installed PS on iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am definitely in support of a more complete Photoshop for iPad Pro. Both Affinity Photo and Pixelmator have shown both that the iPad Pro is now capable of running near-desktop applications, and that there is a demand for it. There are too many apps right now... Keep Express, and make a full-featured version that is subscription-only (as in part of the CC Subscription plans) that is at least on par with what Affinity Photo can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple can create a tablet under osx, just like Microsoft has done with Surface. Who likes microsoft that uses surface, who likes apple that uses ipad pro osx. Adobe do not waste your time reinventing the wheel. Spend more time on new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, good point, but Adobe is currently wasting a lot of time to maintain these many single Apps like PS Express, PS Mix, PS Fix and LR CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Affinity Photo, Pixelmator,  and now with Clip Studio Paint having a perfect translation of their desktop app onto the iPad Pro (I think it actually runs better on the iPad Pro) any excuses as to why Photoshop isn't on the iPad Pro are just that,  excuses.  There's no reason why they can't make a version for the iPad Pro,  and I mean a full version,  not these little apps that you have for it, like Sketch where its so limited,  its not usable for me for pro use.   Its disappointing to see Adobe fall behind in the game and letting their competition let them look bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Apple can create a tablet under osx, just like Microsoft has done with Surface. Who likes microsoft that uses surface, >

I think Apple made it pretty clear when they came out with the iPad Pro that they're not planning anytime soon to undercut sales of either their laptops (very popular) or their iPads (also very popular) by coming out with a hybrid that is neither. Unless Adobe has Apple insider information that a tablet is due out any day now, I don't think Adobe should wait on them. They need to start competing with the other image editing apps on mobile devices now if they want to take the market.

They were among the leaders for the mobile apps when all those devices were underpowered, finding ways to get around device limitations and giving us something we could take to the desktop easily. Now that we have a high-powered iPad Pro available to us, I sincerely hope they are hard at work on how to translate it  to the iPad Pro without dumbing it down to "mobile device" level.  The iPad Pro has some serious processing power that changes our expectations of mobile devices. We'd pay for a good image editing app from Adobe. They don't have to offer it in the App Store for free. It's a costly enterprise, but the longer they leave us without something, the stronger their competition obviously becomes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true, the ipad pro runs the desktop version of clip studio paint. Its my daily go to software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So true.  If clip studio art and affinity can create an ipad pro version, so can Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,  I originally posted this question 3 years ago.  Thank you for all your replies!  You may or may not have seen the news this week that the newest iPad Pro, to be released sometime in early 2019, will indeed support a full version, albeit an iOS app, of Photoshop CC!!  With that in mind, I notice that the iOS printer user experience is still less than satisfactory.  I encourage each and everyone of you to send feedback to Apple requesting they improve this.  I for one am excited about the new iPad Pro, but won't be buying one unless they include the advanced printer features that are available on the Mac software.  If you have tried printing using AirPrint, you know what I am talking about.  If they keep the printing the same, that means I will still need a MacBook Pro just to print.  Ugh.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big would the newPS app be in terms of disc space

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile Lightroom CC for iPad is very near to LR CC Classic. There are only a few features missing like Smart Folders, Modification of Geotags and a good backup solution for the cloud stored picture changes, but perhaps I am overlooking something. Whatvis your Impression?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Procreate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Procreate is awesome, but I still use Photoshop on my Mac for text and editing.  It would be nice to do everything on one machine, but sadly until they upgrade the seriously lacking AirPrint's capabilities, I will still have to use my laptop version of Photoshop CC just to PRINT.  It seems like I am the only one who finds this to be a problem.  I have written Apple feedback and Epson, and when I search online it doesn't seem to be a problem to very many folks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need a Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom CC foriPad 2, not for iPad mini 2 or IPad Air! I need it, I couldn't work with it with my iPad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Photoshop be downloaded and used on an ipad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!
Have an ipad pro 2nd and i love drawing apps. But t im feeling strange. Something still missing. That something that i can do only with PS on desktop.
I dont want to say the same thing "Please do Photoshop APP for Ios Ipad Pro", but what i would like to say is Why Adobe still refuse to doing ,it?
We are in 2017, Clip Studio paint jas been released just now on the Ipad and its sublime! Someone will say that 9€ month is too much, or that the app is not working so well, but for me, its sublime!
They have put effort and they have done it!
Why a big Company lile Adobe still thinking about this?
You will destroy the entire Market with the app and make all Ipad Pro owners finally happy to draw on this amazing device with an amazing app!
Is there something wrong with Apple??
This could mean finally Professional finished product on mobile devices!
Think about this adobe.
Was you that said " Photoshop is a worldwide app used from professional...." Yeah professionals love and use this app 24h, so this is a hint. New ipad got really powerfull features! Listen to the audience adobe... Photoshop is us

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need PS with Project Paras extension to work on iPad Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IS PHOTOSHOP CC fully functional on IPAD PRO or IOS? IF not then what features and functions are lost? Is there anywhere comparison of features on OSX and IOS plz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on the date of the release of the full version of Photo Shop for the iPad Pro? Which version of the iPad Pro will be required to run the full version of PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never talks about future releases until the official announcement.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2019 Aug 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received an offer to test a version of photoshop for the iPad Pro. Wondered if it was a real offer. The page looked like adobe but the link was a marketing company with a questionnaire. It didn’t ask for my adobe login. I left without responding to anything. Anyone see something similar?

Votes

Translate

Translate