• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Line art reference layer

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until recently when I discovered Kyle Webster's brushes for PS, I had always done my illustration and comic work in Clip Studio Paint.

I've almost completely moved back over to PS now thanks to those brushes, however, there's one feature in CSP that is keeping me there for comic work, and that's the ability to set a layer as a ref layer, which makes colouring so much easier when you set the brushes to anti-overflow as the ink doesn't go past the line art above it. If PS had this feature it would be amazing.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. While we don't have that option for brushes, if you are filling with flat color you could enable the "All Layers" option on the Paint Bucket tool to fill inside a given area defined by your line art in a layer above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this question was posted three years ago. There doesn't happen to be an update for this with brushes does there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know if Adobe plans on adding this feature. I use Procreate as my main application due to this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adobe, you implemented the Anti-overflow feature yet?? Haha the one thing that's stopping me move to Photoshop right now 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate