• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Linked Smart Objects enhancement

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, the new Linked Smart Objects feature in Photoshop CC (14.2) is just so cool 🙂

Here my suggestions to enhance Smart Objects:
• Add Import Options to choose which Layer(s) or Layer Comp you want to show in this "instance".
• This instance need to be like a placed PSD inside InDesign, I mean independent to other instances of the same placed PSD.
• Right+Click on the SO layer to edit the options after the importation.
• Regarding Illustrator SO, add the option to select one specific Artboard like in InDesign.

Here a video to explain the details of my request:
https://vimeo.com/84398033 (PW: request)

That could be, for me, a game changer for Graphic Design or Webdesign.

What do you think about that idea?

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015
Ah, yes, you are right. The Layer Comp selection of a Smart Object cannot currently be saved as a properties of the Layer Comp in the master doc. We are still looking in to that capability. Sorry for the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
33 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,
Since this topic in on "implemented", that would be effectively great to open a new thread yes!
Thanks for your support 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephan, I recreated the issue a month ago but haven't heard back from anyone. Did you have an update or any thoughts on the feature? I would use it every day! http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if Kip's comment/suggestion is implemented or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! Kip's suggestion is available in the latest version of Photoshop CC 2014 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply Stephen,

I use PS CC 2014.2.2

so either I'm not used to layer comps or I got the Kip's suggestion wrong! here's what I need/want:

Let’s say we have a master .psd file includes just one instant of a linked smart objects that has itself two layer comps: A and B. Is it possible that in the master file I create a layer comp #1 that when it’s selected it shows comp A of linked smart object and another layer comp #2 that show comp B?

i.e. Could “selected layer comp of a linked smart object” be saved in layer comps of the master psd?

If it's same as Kip's suggestion, can you please guide me to a article/video tutorial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes, you are right. The Layer Comp selection of a Smart Object cannot currently be saved as a properties of the Layer Comp in the master doc. We are still looking in to that capability. Sorry for the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Behzad you could kind of do this with the current implementation, but you would need two separate instances of the smart object. Not ideal, but you could have Smart Object 1 to display A in Layer Comp#1, and Smart Object 2 to display B in Layer Comp#2?

Layer Comp#1 > Smart Object 1 > A
Layer Comp#2 > Smart Object 2 > B

Hope this helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Stephen@BanfieldAgency that will be really useful capability. looking forward to see it in next versions. thanks

@Daniel Thanks for your suggestion. I already used it in a small file. but I have a few files with lots of linked layers that doesn't make sense to duplicate them all. will do manual on/off. Hope Adobe implement it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate