P: Mobile support for Samsung/Android tablet

36 Votes
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The full photoshop and lightroom experience in a mobile format. Much like you've done for the iPad.

Idea No status
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 124 Replies 124
124 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inappropriate to advertise your services on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, your Galaxy cannot run Photoshop, only Photoshop Express which is NOT full feature Photohop.

Here's a quote: "The answer is both yes and no, depending on your tablet. A cutdown version of Photoshop, known as Photoshop Express, can be run on most tablets, and even some smartphones. To run a full-blown version of Photoshop, known as Photoshop CC, you would need a powerful tablet that runs Windows 10."

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@warren_heaton Hi Warren, Thanks for your reply. Interesting figures. It makes sense for Adobe to be focussed solely on the Apple side of things judging by the market share they have. Although I have used both latest versions of the iPad pro and the Samsung Tab, the android offering looks competitive enough to win the benefit of the doubt. I guess Samsung needs to work hand in hand with Adobe on the development side of things rather than just offer complimentary prices on Adobe products. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am strongly considering purchasing a galaxy tab s7, the best cost benefit. I have been an adobe user for over 5 years and a version of photoshopb for android tablets would be very good. It would be great for content production, in addition to reaching a very large audience that uses android tablets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not compatible with Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waarom worden Android gebruikers gediscrimineerd tegen over Apel gebruikers die wel adobe mobiel hebben! Rond uit belachelijk gezien er meer Android gebruikers zijn. het word  tijd dat Adobe wakker word en stopt met discriminatie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hahaha i know it is not compatible (with Photoshop, not Adobe at all), in fact adobe rush and lightroom are. I expressed my desire to see Photoshop in a full mobile version as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that there is Photoshop CC for iPad but is there any plans to bring it out for android? This would be great for editing on the go on tablets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could add your request to the site where the Photoshop team takes feedback: https://feedback.photoshop.com/

There are a few of the scaled-down/specialized mobile app versions of Photoshop that are available on Android:

• Photoshop Express
  • Photoshop Camera
  • Photoshop Sketch
  • Photoshop Fix
  • Photoshop Mix

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently on android there is a few different apps but non of them compare to the photoshop avalible on the ios devices. The iPad has a somewhat full version of Photoshop and this would be great for andoirds as well. Especially for the tablets and editing on the go. Is there any plans to bring this out. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Why are Android users discriminated against over Apel users who do have adobe mobile! Around out ridiculous considering there are more Android users. It's time for Adobe to wake up and stop discrimination.«

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

(edited) feel free to add your opinion to an appropriate Feature Request. 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-mobile/photoshop-mobile-support-for-samsungan...

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-to-android/5f80f3d335f40c1b5513965d

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree wholeheartedly... You see, that used to be the case. Having an iPad version made sense because now the Mac ecosystem runs on iOS. All one operating envrinment. so the Photoshop used on a tablet will be same as on the computer. 

Now Android... always being forgotten... we have not only better hardware in many cases, but consider Samsung devices running DeX environment. Think about it. I can bring my tablet or even phone anywhere, just plug in a single cable to any monitor with HDMI or digdisp and bluetooth a mouse and keyboard and I have a fully running desktop environment and pc fully capable of running Adobe products. Think about it. A grpahic artist can invest is a roll up monitor (flexible) and carry with them and just use their phone to Photoshop ANYWHERE. That's pretty neat. While I may be of the few people running 16gb ram and a 4.2 ghz OctaCore Ryzen7 CPU, my Note9 has an almost as fast octa core APU an 6GB ram, which is enough for photoshop easily. That competes with most hoe user's regular pc's. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»now the Mac ecosystem runs on iOS.«

Say what?

There is still MacOS, isn't there? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but phasing out. MacOS is no longer being made. Its MacOS on the
mobile platform now.

-----------
Jofre Furtado

[email removed by moderator in this public forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"There is still MacOS, isn't there? "

Yes, there is. The new Mac OS is macOS 11, while mobile devices use iOS. There have been speculations on the Apple forums which get shot down.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like an android version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @alexa485 

The link you gave is for Photoshop Express. Photoshop for Mobile is only on iPad currently. The link is also not from Adobe. If you want Photoshop Express for Android, start with this link from Adobe and get it from Google Play:

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-express.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since Sahil responded two years ago, a thread has been started on the feedback forum that the developers follow. Please post your thoughts here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-mobile/photoshop-mobile-support-for-samsungan...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So add it to the official wish list. Posting here won't reach decision makers at Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I eventually found that after lol - embrassing - but I couldnt delete my comment here. When i click "more" i get a blank drop down box. So if thats where the delete is supposed to be, its not working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to download Android application 

I want Photoshop APK please give me link

By @Anji5ED1

Hi, you can download android applications on websites like [Link removed by moderator]

Only if your phone doesn't support that app via app store. Otherwise, just download it from the phone store or any apk website. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Photoshop been released for Android recently? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening and hello from Germany! 🙂

I've got a PS CC lizence and I'd like to ask for a PS version for Android 9. Is there an APK available?

Thanks a lot in advance and stay healthy!

Best wishes

Oliver Höppner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ollifoto 

Currently there is only Photoshop for iPad. You can add your comments to the feedback forum for feature requests where the product developers will see it:

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jane!
Thank you very much for your fast response, but I'm quite sure there was an older version of PS which works on Android 9. Isn't that APK anywhere in the archives of Adobe? It would be really, really great! 🙂
- Olli

Votes

Translate

Translate