• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New smallest swatch size is too large, offer smaller size

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Photoshop CC 2015.1 update the size of swatches are super huge and fills a large portion of the screen (while viewing all of them...which i do) at the minimum size.
Is this intentional?
Is there a way to get smaller, manageable swatch sizes again?

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018
This issue should be fixed with the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.2) update which is now available. 
Please install the update and let us know if you still see this issue.

To update, click Update next to Photoshop CC in the Creative Cloud desktop application.
If you don't see the update right away, click the 3 dots in the upper right and choose Check for App Updates.

Regards
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
89 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you ship a product without testing and ironing out issues like this? What kind of QA does Adobe do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new color swatches in Photoshop CC 2015.1 is too large,
I suppose you changed them to suit touchscreens but at least add a small, medium and large thumbnails

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, this is maddening. I've been using 2015 with normal-sized swatches and now with the latest upgrade it looks like a child's watercolor box. Some of us dinosaurs are still on desktops and it will take us a while to die off. Please, Adobe, have mercy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please reduce the size of the swatches. The larger size is ugly. Yes, I have it set to small thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today Photoshop has been updated to 2015.1.1. I was full of hope that swatches issue has been solved, but it's not. I could wait a kind of such irresponsibility from many companies, but not from Adobe. I'm thinking of coming back to 2015 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had hoped for this to be addressed when I saw the update.

No joy.

It's just junk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update was only for major bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe when is this going to be fixed? It's killing my productivity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this is a case of Adobe running out of ideas for a new release.

'What can we do bump up the number of things we've changed in the description'.

I should imagine all of us participating in this forum are of the same mind. We were happy with the existing layout and the size of the palettes. The previous swatch size had been established years ago. Now if Adobe wants to add new sizes for whatever reason add the feature don't take it away.

Screen real estate is very important to most users even those with 27 inch screens. This particular change can only be described as a nonsense. For professionals like myself it's about productivity. I am not interested in gimmicks and flashy u.i. changes. Unfortunately as a subscription service we are getting fewer and fewer additions within photoshop. Sort this out Adobe and quickly! Note to Adobe Understandably after 25 you have run out of ideas. Why not open up a conversation to the community for features they would like to see. Popular ones get added!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Chris.
So, to clarify, it is Adobe's official position that Photoshop CC 2015.1 was released with "major" bugs?
If "major" bugs have been dealt with, will the next update address "minor" bugs and does this issue classify as a "minor" bug?
Come on Adobe, you make software for creatives to produce creative work. Any buttwipe worth his high salary could have looked at this interface and known it was horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add smaller swatches back into Ps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PEOPLE PLEASE!... this isn't a bug... its a feature (crappy use of screen real-estate)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad to say I am now at peace with the world and I can go to sleep happy.

Reverted to a previous version before the swatch size was changed. Obviously I'll keep an eye on this thread but I don't have high expectations Adobe will listen any time soon.

May the force be with you all. And Merry Christmas 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I've gone back to the good old days of CC 2014 and will stay there as long as I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so how hard is that? I'd love to but I don't want to have to reset everything back up from scratch

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep my previous versions when I upgrade. Just reopened it and everything was there like I'd left it. Set it as my default and that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop See what's possible - so that tagline goes.

Fortunately I downloaded the new version and did not update it. It is a relatively insignificant tick box as I recall. The difference is that downloading retains the previous version where as updating removes the previous cc version/s during installation. Update has been the default since CC 2014. Someone might correct me on that.

Apologies angryf that I couldn't give you some better news. Monica's suggestion is absolutely valid if you downloaded instead of updated.

And to Chris I hope this 'feature' to use angryf's terms can be altered soon.
Users will decide with their feet if they like Adobe updates.
As for Mark E, Monica and myself, well we have decided that it's not for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list of requests that the swatch size be reduced to it's previous size. These are HUGE even in the small swatch list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, just release 2016 already.

Let's just try and put PS CC 2015 behind us. This is you're OS X Yosemite, we get, now get back in order and try and deliver a proper tool once again. In the future please refrain from anymore beta's released as finals, unless you want to alter subscription rates to reflect your broken deliverables. Don't even try to fix it, just move on so that we may all move on and get back to working in a fluid manner.

CC 2015 has been like frickin' tornado, just coming through and scattering order and normalcy anywhere it damn well pleases.

For God's sake Adobe, show some class.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incoherent rant? Adobe employees involved in Photoshop are in NO POSITION to call anything incoherent. The willy-nilly changes made throughout the release are anything but coherent, specifically the changing of the swatch sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, even the sign-in dialogue is MASSIVE. You guys at Adobe having a joke with us right?

Well it's time to return everything to normal now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more Photoshop veteran (17 years!) chiming in on the feature request to support legacy swatch size, which is significantly smaller than the current smallest swatch size. The old size was great. The new sizes are absolutely too big and don't allow me to fit my full set of swatches within a reasonably sized space.

Please Adobe, go back to the old size. Roll back this unwelcome change - or at least SUPPORT the old size.

I'm on a 15" Macbook Pro Retina with an Apple Thunderbolt display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for the Update.... that doesn't FIX this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, is there any idea of when we might expect the update for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been sometime since the update, this is the smallest possible option. If they're going to include additional size why not make the previous "Large" as Medium instead? The current Small size are just way too gigantic for me to work comfortably.

Votes

Translate

Translate