• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New smallest swatch size is too large, offer smaller size

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Photoshop CC 2015.1 update the size of swatches are super huge and fills a large portion of the screen (while viewing all of them...which i do) at the minimum size.
Is this intentional?
Is there a way to get smaller, manageable swatch sizes again?

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018
This issue should be fixed with the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.2) update which is now available. 
Please install the update and let us know if you still see this issue.

To update, click Update next to Photoshop CC in the Creative Cloud desktop application.
If you don't see the update right away, click the 3 dots in the upper right and choose Check for App Updates.

Regards
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
89 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. We've never been able to provide specific dates. I will update this topic once it's fixed so you will get a notification

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2016 Jun 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this was only in a recent update. If you guys want to do small, medium, large, then cool. There's no reason someone might not want the bigger one. Or, better yet, give us a slider for these things. yes, I understand this might be a slightly bigger deal than I'm making it sound like, but frankly it'd be really nice with the range of setups and screens out there to not be locked into a narrow set of options for things like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris added back in the smallest swatch option in the CC 2015.5 upgrade released today: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/2016/06/adobe-releases-major-photoshop-cc-update-today-and-announc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Applause! Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well Trolled Adobe, played indeed! we asked for the swatch to be resized back to the original size, and you give us this!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to say "Thank you," and I will for the effort, but I have a very specific way of using the swatch palette and "most recent swatches" row, and this arrangement does not restore us back to where we were before the huge swatches made their appearance. I'll be staying in 2014 for palette work. If there's any way to fix the recent swatches row to "tiny" as an option in the future, that would be lovely. Thanks, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also looks like the swatches panel doesn't resize as small in CC 2015.5 as cc 2014 did and therefore throws off any custom swatch arrangements in the Tiny Thumbnail setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone.  Thanks for your comments and descriptions on the swatch size problem.  I just checked in a fix so now...   TINY THUMBS EVERYWHERE!   That is, I added a Tiny Thumbnail menu selection when editing colors on the tool options bar, in the preset manager, and in the swatch flyout when editing paths.  The fix is *not* part of the 19.1 release we just did and I can't really tell you when we will next push from mainline, but I wanted to let you all know the problem has been addressed.  Also, I got a lot of satisfaction fixing a "small" problem that for some people means so much, so thanks for helping make it a priority.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, David. We graphic designers appreciate acknowledgment that we are designing on desktop computers, not tablets!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed with the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.2) update which is now available. 
Please install the update and let us know if you still see this issue.

To update, click Update next to Photoshop CC in the Creative Cloud desktop application.
If you don't see the update right away, click the 3 dots in the upper right and choose Check for App Updates.

Regards
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any difference between photoshop cc 19.1.2 and 19.1 or photoshop  cc 2017.

Shown below are screenshots using the Default swatches at the smallest size for the relevant photoshop versions.

Photoshop CC 2018.1.2

Photoshop CC 2017

If the person or persons working on the swatches sizes wants to know how the smallest swatch size is supposed to be arranged and size of the swatches panel., just have them look at photoshop cc 2014 and older.

Photoshop CC 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete and Monica,

If I understand you, the problem is when Tiny Thumbnails is selected for swatch size, then at the narrowest possible size of the swatches panel, there are 18 swatches in each row, so that similar colors are not aligned vertically.  In Ps CC 2014, with swatch size set to "Small Thumbnails" the panel could accommodate as few as 16 swatches in a row, and vertical alignment was correct.  

The problem seems to be the minimum width of the swatches panel is too large now.  I'll enter a new bug for this problem specifically.  

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Smaller panels would be nice, at least for the basic palette's sake.

As an alternative, it would be nice to be able to arrange the swatches arbitrarily (having blanks where needed).

Votes

Translate

Translate