• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Paste Unstyled Text

LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop I would like to be able to paste “unstyled” text as an option. In OS X one can do this by holding Command-Option-Shift-V. The pasted text will then take on the default style as determined by the document, losing any specific formatting from its source. At present, if I want to paste the content of one styled field to another, Photoshop forces me to roundabout to an external editor, strip the styling there, then return to PS to paste. Life could be simpler.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018
Edit > Paste Special > Paste Without Formatting... was added Photoshop 19.0 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
33 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working on pasting plain text.

That said, as I noted in another thread, transformed text is NOT the same thing as scaled text. It's actually BEEN transformed, just as you would do to a raster object.  We're trying to do a lot of things under the hood to help users with this, but the truth is that these often break down when shifting between resolutions.  If you want to resize text, you should change the point size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for coming back to us, Jeff! Great to see finally progress in PS.

To be honest, me and the majority of my colleagues in the (web)design world completely switched to sketch app for layouting websites...  Photoshop only for opening legacy layouts. So for me no need for that text copypaste feature anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Paste Special > Paste Without Formatting... was added Photoshop 19.0 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Any chance of this implementation finding its way to CC 2017?  I still use 2017 for the Device Preview tool that was removed in 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Mike,

I don't see that happening.  But, you CAN have the best of both world -- you can install CC2017 and CC2018 on the same machine, no problem.

Hope that helps,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shame. I already do that.  And I don't ever touch 2018. Opening 2018 just to paste unstyled text is more convoluted than opening TextEdit pasting. copying, and then re-pasting.  But, thanks for the response and advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Copy the text you need to paste, from wherever (web, other app, other Photoshop file).
  2. Select the Ps Type tool (you would be doing this anyway, because you're pasting into a text object). 
  3. Paste into the Font drop-down. (this is the "hack" part)
  4. Select All from the Font drop-down and Copy again.
  5. Hit Escape. (to revert the Font drop-down selection to what it was before and prevent getting an error) 
  6. Paste into your destination text object.

Votes

Translate

Translate