• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add a search function to the preferences in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often spend long enough hunting through the preferences tab in Photoshop that it makes me seriously consider how much I really want to change a preference.  

In mac os preferences, however, I just go right in and search for what I want.  I never even try to hunt it down manually; the process is so simple and fast.  Please impliment this in Photoshop.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it seems that the Discover panel (CMD+F/ the Loupe icon on the top right) can find the titles or sub-titles of preferences, but not the individual preferences: GPU give me the performance tab, but for instance, it does not find Desactivate Native Canvas, or Beep when done...

I agree it needs to be the Eye of Sauron and see everything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This is a step on the way there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the reason Adobe has never added a search function for the preferences pane? Is the difficulty of the problem beyond the power of our current programming languages? Would a search overtax the computational resources of a PC or Mac? 

Asking because it's one of those minor annoyances that seems like it would be so easy to solve, but obviously it's not. 

ThanksScreen Shot 2022-02-07 at 5.20.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search for what (and why)?

Yeah, the options have grown a lot since I first using v1.0.7. And so I set it as I desire and forget it.

The question I have is, why is it necessary to delete the prefs so often to fix issues, why isn't it easier to backup a good set of preferences and replace them?

Anyway, you might want to write this as a feature request if you want anyone at Adobe to see it:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/1238...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What is the reason Adobe has never added a search function for the preferences pane?"

By @RichardSwearinger

I've moved your post from Photoshop Discussions to Photoshop Ideas and also upvoted it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it seems that the Discover panel (CMD+F/ the Loupe icon on the top right) can find the titles or sub-titles of preferences, but not the individual preferences: GPU give me the performance tab, but for instance, it does not find Desactivate Native Canvas, or Beep when done...

By @jeremyp1470049

Good point, so what might be useful is to teach it as I tried below. Might work in the future:

MakeAcomment.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a nice work around, but it would be intuitive to be able to search within the preferences window directly, instead of needing to remember to go find some other tool somewhere to perform the search function within the preferences.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very new here; that posting lists the criteria for a feature request, but it does not tell me how to make my first feature request.  Is it a type of posting setting, or is there a feature request page? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm very new here; that posting lists the criteria for a feature request, but it does not tell me how to make my first feature request. Is it a type of posting setting, or is there a feature request page?

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/1238...

Seems you did everything correctly, now it takes upvotes and Adobe viewing them. There is zero guarantee they will do anything about it, but so far, so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate