• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add Shapes and Shape Tool to mobile/iPad

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is this? For a year they have told us this would be equivalent to a desktop version of Photoshop. Not at all. Where is the shape tool??? I’m so sad 😞

Idea Under review
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
38 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the choice was: roll out an in-progress version, or delay it another 3-4 years until every feature was crammed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you honestly think that Adobe could built an iPad app in one year, that has the same functionality as the desktop has accumulated in over 25 years?
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expected them to do a lot better. How do you not include the shape tool???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of tools in Photoshop, and what you use most is very personal. To me the shape tool would not have a high priority, because most of the work I do is compositing of photos. So for me Select & Mask would have a much higher priority, for example. Adobe simply can’t satisfy us all so quickly.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, but what they've put out is not a stand alone app. One must still have a computer if they want to use photoshop. They should have been upfront about it being a companion app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't care one iota about the shape tool. I see a post complaining about importing custom brushes and I don't care about that either. I have other needs, and I suspect that everyone will have their own priorities. You'll either have to be patient or buy something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shape tools (and vector paths) and Scripts are important to me, too. I don't see them on the roadmap, either. https://theblog.adobe.com/photoshop-reimagined-for-ipad-the-journey/

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why no shapes on iOS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only just installed the iPad version thinking I could illustrate vector shapes better with the pencil as opposed to a mouse. But I couldn't find the vector tools and am not sure if they actually exist or are hidden somewhere.

???

Can anyone help with this? Otherwise, I will have to go back and forth on the mac between AI and PSD.

: (

Wish Photoshop "for iPad" had the pen/path tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or do I have to upload my own? I just want to add a rectangle.

056357AC-D78E-44DF-85C1-A6544EA9E7CB.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are not shape tool options yet. You could make a rectangular selection with the Rectangular marquee tool (fourth tool in the selection tools slot) and then fill that selection

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create preset SHAPES in any other Adobe mobile app is the next constructive question for all of us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe made $11billion in 2019.

I remember arguing with someone claiming to be an Adobe dev on a major gaming forum in 2018, about the viability of Adobe producing a full Photoshop app given they discontinued and refused to support the previous version. They were adamant this app would be the full Photoshop.

Photoshop for iPad has been out for one year and has received a small number of feature updates in that time. At this rate it'll be a decade before it has the functionality of Photoshop 6.0 let alone CC 2020. I fully expect at some point Adobe will suspend updating these apps and instead focus on a new version which will definitely(!) be the "full-fat Photoshop".

Meanwhile, the Procreate team made estimated $40-50million in 2019 and has more PS drawing features than Adobe's own app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s February of 2021 and Photoshop for iPad still has no shape tool. 😂🤦🏽 This is unbelievable. Anyone making excuses for this is [abusive language removed by moderator] and cares more about earning forum badges than getting what they paid for. I can’t mark up a basic screenshot image in my “pro” image editing app that I pay a hefty subscription for monthly. Let me delete this trash. Smh

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is shape tool on iPad Pro please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultw6fazf3bo82t 

There isn't one (yet). You can make feature requests by clicking the question mark in the upper right > Send Feedback.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Do you have any update on when this would be available ? 

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default9j9e43whk5oa 

Adobe has not made an announcement on when (or if) Shape Tools will be added.

The best way to follow this is:

• Tap the question mark in the upper right
  • Tap send feedback
  • Tap Continue

You will now see a listing of all feedback. As of today, Shape Tools is #8 on the list, so it's not hard to find. You can add your comments and up-vote it. Notice that some items have a green bar and say "Completed". 

D6BCC63D-BEFA-48EF-B769-E08A2BC2C87B.jpeg

There are two other ways to follow this issue:

And of course, you can always ask here again, but these other ways might be faster. 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shape tool or stroke selection would be great too!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shape tools are a key function for me and adding them to the mobile app would enable me to use the line tool or rectangle tool for labeling scientific data for machine learning. 

I know I’m an outlier but I think these tools are used pretty often by many people for many use cases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

June 2022 and still no shape tool? Why? What does their development team team do all day? Or do they have like one programmer? Doesn't make sense. This thread was posted in 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully agree. They have more advanced features built in, and shapes is like basic, I'm talking about a circle a square, a triangle kind of basic, not even all the advanced shapes and stuff. Makes no sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPadOS photoshop is better, but cannot replace the desktop version. But I can't forgive a basic shape tool, it's like selling a car without wheels….and saying we're still working on it. Give me a break.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it 2023 and there's still no shape tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate