• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please keep 3D features

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a notification that Adobe will be ending/disabling the 3D functions in Photoshop. This is tough news because I have spent a lot of time learning and working in this area. I rely on the 3D functions for work and to make a living. Then I found out Adobe will not have another program that will take the place. The removal of the 3D functions without a program to take the place removes most of the value of having the 3D cloud membership. Please keep them! 

I'm somewhat aware of why this is happening. I dont understand most of the reasons.

I'm aware I can use an older version for about 2 years.

I created this 3D model in photoshop. Can you see why I hate to loose this functionality? Cliffs Procedural.png

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
29 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave. Does my post here work as a wishlist request? Someone in Adobe chat recomended I do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does and Adobe staff do read them. My response was just to your original comment that you didn't understand the reasons

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Adobe!

I am using more and more often 3D rotations and extrusions in my compositions/layouts.

I understand 3D is discontinued from PS as we speak, but please make a basic functionality for 3D layers.

It is not nice to use XD or After Effects to rotate a layer and after that to import it in PS as PNG.

I am not sure why Illustrator cannot rotate images.

We do not need complex lights and environments like Stager, but a basic rotation and maybe an extrusion like old Illustrator would be VERY HELPUL!!!

Many thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adobe team, 

For a photoshop user who rarely uses the 3D mode it is great to have this feature. I heard you are removing this in the future versions and hope you will reconsider. Buying an extra €600,- 3D package a year is not interesting for the sporadic times I use 3D models. I hope you reconsider scrapping the whole 3d functionality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate